help jst-xh

lalemandrew

The battery will have a jst-xh on it already for the balance plug......The 2 red and black wires is what you r wanting to put the plug on right......u put the female on the battery end and solder a 18 gauge wire to the + and - on the bottom of the board and solder the male plug to those.But if for whatever reason you r just needing to put the jst-xh on you would solder the 4 smaller wires to the female jst plug......Make sure your polarity is correct (your ground wire starts on the same side of the plug as the negative side of the baord) For the power output wires of the battery I would recommend a xt30 plug as they are smaller and what evolved recommends.....just solder that the same as above

lalemandrew said:

Then for the ground do I have to run wire from there to side of box or something

B- to battery pack negative, B+ to battery pack positive. Balance connector as shown on data sheet. Wire the 510 with 2 wires as indicated in the data sheet. Using the box as a conductor for ground seems to have given some folks a lot of problems. It works fine if you actually get solid, low contact resistance, high current carrying capacity connections to the box. Achieving that is not as trivial as it may sound. An extra wire for the 510 instead of using the box as ground is much more certain.

lalemandrew said:

So I can run the ground to the 510 connector off the board

The most convenient solder pad is marked "Gnd" next to "Out" at the top of the board. Check the data sheet at page 12. It shows a good outline of the board along with pin out. The "Gnd" gets connected to the 510 shell. The "Out" gets connected to the 510 center pin.