Source of between +3.3 or +5V on the board?

Mad Scientist

John, James, Brandon:

Can you steer me to a convenient (hopefully) pad on the board where I can pick up +3.3 or +5V?  I need to source about 100 uA continuously and 800 uA peak at anywhere between 3.3 and 5V.  I'm assuming that just tapping a battery across the balance connector might screw up the low bat and balance charging.

Thank you!

Did you ever figure this out?

You're correct that picking up from a cell on the balancing connector would unbalance the battery unless you juggled all 3 cells. It doesn't make sense for me to put a regulator on the board I'm trying to power if there is already a regulator onboard the DNA 200 for the IC.

I'm waiting on a fuse for my board so I can't probe around, but this thread mentions a jumper and then power for an LED fire button. This or something similar might work?

fostac said:

Did you ever figure this out?

You're correct that picking up from a cell on the balancing connector would unbalance the battery unless you juggled all 3 cells. It doesn't make sense for me to put a regulator on the board I'm trying to power if there is already a regulator onboard the DNA 200 for the IC.

I'm waiting on a fuse for my board so I can't probe around, but this thread mentions a jumper and then power for an LED fire button. This or something similar might work?

Haven't poked around on it yet.  I was hoping someone would know a convenient spot.  I suspect finding the supply to the processor won't take much time but I don't relish soldering to a fine pitch pin if it can be easily avoided.

There's a 3.5 volt test pad on the board you could tie into. Be aware that when the device is hard sleeping (after an hour or so unplugged) it will turn off. Pressing the fire button or connecting USB will turn it back on. 

If you have the board oriented with the fire button at the top and the taps at the bottom, it is the round test pad just above the UP tactile switch on the right edge of the board. 

For ground, use the B- pad, the output ground or any of the mounting holes. Anything except the GND tap. 

Hope that helps
John

John said:

There's a 3.5 volt test pad on the board you could tie into. Be aware that when the device is hard sleeping (after an hour or so unplugged) it will turn off. Pressing the fire button or connecting USB will turn it back on. 

If you have the board oriented with the fire button at the top and the taps at the bottom, it is the round test pad just above the UP tactile switch on the right edge of the board. 

For ground, use the B- pad, the output ground or any of the mounting holes. Anything except the GND tap. 

Hope that helps
John

That will work. Thanks!

John said:

Hope that helps
John

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!