Mod Crate 1590A CNC

Making tools to make parts but that's been the plan. The copper is fitted the other direction when installed in the mod and the copper makes contact with the bottom of the 510 connector, kinda like a crush washer theory.

[IMG_20150929_173946_zpsw8y5llk6] 
[IMG_20150929_185242_zpszsowakdq] 
This one was really just a test run and I still have to do the math on the copper, if I have to go thicker I just drill the hole bigger in the center of the tool I made.

Wimpy say hello to Beefy, Beefy say goodbye to Wimpy. 
[IMG_20150930_214158_zpsdmnbxnji]
Mmmmm Beefy!
This worked out well, the copper sleeve will end up press fitting right onto the base of the 510 connector.
[IMG_20150930_235209_zpswymemhpk] 
[IMG_20150930_234119_zpsq9hkmqij]
All milled to spec and just about ready to go, this part serves a few purposes so it isn't quite finished yet.
[IMG_20151001_021848_904_zpskqwmn3cl]

[IMG_20151001_023707_zpsanazejfs] 
Good ole 3/4" copper water pipe. :D

Me, myself and I just can't come to terms on a portion of the build so I thought I might ask for opinions. I'm going to powder coat the stripes outside the 1 in a fade from blue at the bottom to red at the top and the 1 will be powder coated white.

The other areas are where I'm struggling with, black powder coating would make for a great contrast and bring out the red white and blue although it would involve a four bake process with the powder coating that stresses me a little. The off side is a potential finger print magnet with the powder I have.

Raw polished aluminum with an automotive epoxy based clear coat sounds nice too although the clear over the powder coat seems a bit off. Again another finger print magnet but maybe not as bad as the black. 

There has also been the thought of jeweling these areas like is often done on the exposed areas of rifle bolts. This might be a bit gaudy but I do like the way it refracts light which could be lost with a clear coat. May be less likely to show finger prints and sticky fingered women could be a potential issue. xD

Podunk Steam said:

Me, myself and I just can't come to terms on a portion of the build so I thought I might ask for opinions. I'm going to powder coat the stripes outside the 1 in a fade from blue at the bottom to red at the top and the 1 will be powder coated white.

The other areas are where I'm struggling with, black powder coating would make for a great contrast and bring out the red white and blue although it would involve a four bake process with the powder coating that stresses me a little. The off side is a potential finger print magnet with the powder I have.

Raw polished aluminum with an automotive epoxy based clear coat sounds nice too although the clear over the powder coat seems a bit off. Again another finger print magnet but maybe not as bad as the black. 

There has also been the thought of jeweling these areas like is often done on the exposed areas of rifle bolts. This might be a bit gaudy but I do like the way it refracts light which could be lost with a clear coat. May be less likely to show finger prints and sticky fingered women could be a potential issue. xD

Your only solution is to make several lol.

Holy beat the heck out of the brass Batman! QF, I implied some pretty bad things too quickly to, I'm just going to stick with Howie, thanks!
Turns out it wasn't all me, my stamps are milled just the slightest bit crooked. The 3s on the bottom had the stamps oriented as straight as anyone could get them and the 3s still tilt a little. They'll be the ones I'll use though.
[IMG_20151001_211121_zpsaagqso68]

Between not having yet acquired the taste for milling coolant on my fritos and my calipers trying to lie to me I think it's best I pack it in for the evening. 

[IMG_20151001_231249_zpsq2qczico]
Edit: Crooked thing's going to haunt me if don't make a better run at it. Finally came to terms with myself on the exterior, I'm going Captain America style. Nik nik nik!  ;)

New job has taken priority although I'll be accustom to the new schedule soon enough. Been doing the antsie new employee thing, wake up at 2 in the morning can't back to sleep, show up an hour early for work, first good nights sleep since I started last night, might be melting into the groove.