Feature Request: Built-in Atomizer Analyzer

I've been struggling with TC with several attys, and EScribe's Atomizer Analyzer has been very helpful in determining which attys I can give up on. Or, at least determining if there's a sweet spot.

Having this feature build-in, on the chip / mod, itself, via a custom troubleshooting display where it shows the Raw Ohms in live, 1 second updates, would be awesome!

It would allow us to troubleshoot without a computer and usb cable, even on-the-go (perhaps even at a brick-and-mortar when choosing an atomizer).

And it would just be cool to look at. I could see myself leaving it on and monitoring it.

Thanks for listening.

Jalcide said:

I've been struggling with TC with several attys, and EScribe's Atomizer Analyzer has been very helpful in determining which attys I can give up on. Or, at least determining if there's a sweet spot.

Having this feature build-in, on the chip / mod, itself, via a custom troubleshooting display where it shows the Raw Ohms in live, 1 second updates, would be awesome!

It would allow us to troubleshoot without a computer and usb cable, even on-the-go (perhaps even at a brick-and-mortar when choosing an atomizer).

And it would just be cool to look at. I could see myself leaving it on and monitoring it.

Thanks for listening.

I don't think this would be possible with the memory available on the chip but that's a brilliant idea and it would be very useful if this could be done.

Gm111 said:

[QUOTE=Jalcide]I've been struggling with TC with several attys, and EScribe's Atomizer Analyzer has been very helpful in determining which attys I can give up on. Or, at least determining if there's a sweet spot.

Thanks for listening.

I don't think this would be possible with the memory available on the chip but that's a brilliant idea and it would be very useful if this could be done.[/QUOTE]

How much free memory is on the chip? How much memory would this code require?

I can't seem to find the post where this is confirmed; only the opposite.

Apologies, if this is well-known, I'm rather new to this forum and the DNA 200.

Cheers.

Not much.. There was a conversation months ago not long after the board was released about adding extra splits in the custom coil would reduce the amount of profiles you could have.. although maybe they could have an option for us in escribe to add this feature and take away a profile or two..

Gm111 said:

Not much.. There was a conversation months ago not long after the board was released about adding extra splits in the custom coil would reduce the amount of profiles you could have.. although maybe they could have an option for us in escribe to add this feature and take away a profile or two..

I saw your other post, thanks. Yeah, that doesn't sound RAM related. It just sounds like they created a fixed size for holding data points for curves for the features that use curves.

Which makes sense, as allowing for more breakpoints on a curve has diminishing returns.

I suspect there is enough general RAM remaining for, at the very least, "small" features like the one I'm suggesting.

Small, because the code to get real-time Ohms values already exists. It's likely just a function call (reuse).

Enough RAM, because it's already been explained, by Evov in another post, that there is still a "fair amount" left for new features.