Lavabox set up

djaco

Picked up my Lavabox from fedex today. Although I was planning to slowly break it in while learning the escribe software and settings/profiles etc. I started having TC issues with my Joyetech VTC mini and had to whip that puppy outta the box and get my fix. Initial impression is good! I'm ok with making "settings" changes manually for now but I'm wondering if any lavabox users have any "do this right now" suggestions that will help get started with escribe.. especially battery usage and basic settings. I've been building my own ni200 coils w/28 ga-5-7 wraps 3.0mm and average res @.10 ohms but I'm still learning so they don't always end up perfect:) Thanks in advance for any advice and hopefully I can get some good info from some of you experienced Lavabox users

The preloaded settings from the factory for my Lavabox were crap. Change watt-hours to ~9.95, and I recommend lowering the soft cell cutoff to ~3.0-3.1v (3.09v is the Evolv default). Also, it helps to measure your mod resistance and input your specific measurement. Mine measured at .007 ohms, but I've read it's better to leave that setting at the default of zero if you're not sure. Also, if you're only using ni200 coils, you're good to go, but if you want to use materials other than ni200, you're going to need to grab the TCR or TFR curves from steam engine and load those into a separate profile.

thanks, I've made those changes. gotta say.. so far this thing seems to make everything better. was having a hard time enjoying my vape earlier today w/ my vtc same settings.. but it keeps losing track of my atty's resistance! hasn't happened on Lavabox so far.

if you havent yet get the most up to date firmware and version of escribe from this thread https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65665-topic/?do=findComment&comment=887811

its more recent than the one you would normally download. it also has one amazing feature. you can change your wattage increments. personally i have it set to clicking is an increment of 0.5W instead of 0.1W. makes changing to wattage so much easier.