Ohms change even if locked

LarryLenz

I have an HCigar VT200 running a Uwell Crown tank with the RBA section using 28g NI200 wire at 4 wraps on a 3/32 drill bit.  It tested at 0.10 ohms on the VT200.  I locked the ohms at 0.10 and took a hit.  It now reads 0.14.  Next time I take a hit it reads 0.13.  It reads anywhere from 0.10 to 0.14 with the ohms locked.  Is there something wrong with my device?  This never happened before.  Received it on 10/29/2015 so I've been using it for 6 weeks.

UPDATE:  I did a hard reboot and not it is working again.    :)

Mine fluctuates with Crown SS using wattage mode. When I watch Pbusardo's videos on youtube, if I remember correctly he said in escribe on the Mod tab, under Electrical, in Ohms lock range, change it to 100% instead of 25% and it shouldn't fluctuate anymore. Idk if it's a good idea or not. You should google it or watch his video

I now use a custom profile with my Crown in TC with SS. Ever since, my ohms never fluctuate and it's not even locked. My ohms locked range is still the default at 25%

Thanks augtism.  I also use 1 of the profiles for this tank.  But that only sets the Wattage, Temp, and coil material, which I use the NI200 supplied profile with the Evolv escribe software since I'm using NI200 wire.  I'm using Temco 28 GA Pure Nickel Annealed NI200 Round Wire.  So the setting in the escribe software should be perfect.

Interesting.

I thought the Ohm Lock Range was only the threshold (max percentage difference) for when the "new coil / same coil" prompt displays.

I didn't think it controlled anything regarding Refinement.

Or, are we saying that when it's set higher, it will allow the ohms to drift without the prompt? I guess that would make sense.

Just wondered if you might be pushing the VT200 a bit. Steam Engine would suggest at least 7 wraps on 28AWG Ni200 on 3/32" to comply with
the minimum 0.08 ohms limit on the VT200. I've had a few builds that have fallen below 0.08 ohms that just didn't work that well.
Just an idea, I doubt there's anything wrong with the VT200.

Regards