SS 304, Temperature Control, and Resistance Locking

I have recently purchased some Stainless Steel 304 grade wire from Unkamen supplies, and really want to use it for temperature control. I am using a Zenith RDTA by Science of Vaping so it limits my wire choice to 26 gauge sized wire. I will be using the SS 304 profile that is provided through steam engine. I am also using the EFusion by Lost Vape

What I want to know is if the profile provided through Steam Engine is accurate or if the settings on found on this post: https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67562-topic/?do=findComment&comment=908013  are more accurate, do I need to lock the resistance for SS 304 to use the temperature control correctly and the reasons for why or why not, as well as whether people prefer SS 304 as their temperature control wire (and suggestions that would be better than Nickel or Titanium and sources)?

I don't know the answer, but I just do a cotton scorch test.  I would start with a Ni200 coil and some cheap cotton wool, use device manager to do 10 second puffs and it should mark the cotton around 440-460 F depending on the cotton, how tight and the coils geometry, but the point is to give you a datum for that cotton.  Then try both profiles at the same temp with the ss.