Screen fading out over time.

So I went to VCC this past weekend. Brought along my DNA 200 mod and at the beginning of the weekend (Friday) I noticed the screen started to dim on the right side. It got worse as time went on. The first pic is from Sunday night when I got home and the second was taken right now. I've reseated the screen a few times and that hasn't fixed it. The mod itself wasn't dropped and spent most of the weekend in my backpack (locked of course) anyone seen this before? Or am I out another screen? I also included a pic of the screen ribbon cable. It doesn't appear to be pinched very hard and it is not mounted over the fire switch. I've already made that mistake.

20151116_180631.jpg

20151116_174451.jpg

20151115_201010.jpg

20151116_180631.jpg

My guess is there is a crack that isn't easily visible -- You should have something protecting the screen (I've used a cut down cd case and that works well.)  Chances are something (in your bag?) pressed on the screen and cracked it.

These screens are very hard to come by right now -- so protecting it is a very good idea.

• 1 month later...

One of my mods has done exactly the same today it started to dim followed by the backlight fading completely on one side. Ribbon is seated well with no pinching, it's protected with 6mm Perspex. If you do get a solution can you let me know please many thanks. 2 of my 3 DNA 200s in one day have let me down I love the DNA and it's abilities but there does seem to be a few quality issues

the solution is a new screen. i've had a few oleds' do that to me. hard to say what causes it. i can say when the matrix is exposed to oxygen, that's when the screen starts to die. usually creeping from one side to the next, until the entire screen goes black. you gotta think out of all the oleds made there are going to be a few that fail. we just don't want one of them to be owned by us.