Dropped my Wismec DNA 200

Th3Mavr1ck

So I dropped my Wismec DNA 200 while it was plugged in, was at 47% charge. it fell probably half a foot onto a cushioned chair, then rolled off and fell aprox 1 foot onto carpeted floor. Now when its not plugged in, it wont go past my first custom screen. ( I remember it did the same thing when I accidentally put in a battery upside down) When I plug it into the USB, it starts up just fine but shows first cell charge at 0.00V, second cell charge at 4.57V and third cell charge at 3.7V

all cells were at 3.7V before I left

any ideas? this is my first DNA 200 and only my second vape so im kinda new to this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

heres my guess......the relo's reverse battery protection rings on the sled are keeping your batteries from making good contact. and when you dropped it, that made the problem worse. some 18650 batts work bettr than others in the relo dna 200. you can take all the batts out and when reinstalling them, push and spin the the batts towards the positive connection of the sled, to seat them, making sure they are seated correctly and making good contact. does that make sense? go in escribe and check each cell voltage (check all three boxes for each cell and the pack voltage box as well). spin your batts and watch the each cell voltage. if they fluctuate while spinning, maybe think about diff batts. there's hacks out there that involve shaving down the plastic circular positive lip portion of the sled, but i don't recommend that. bye bye warranty. i dunno what kind of batts you're running, but i'm using lg hg2 and he4 batts. i hear sony vtc's also seat nicely in the relo's sled.

Th3Mavr1ck said:

no movement in voltage when i rotate them in the housing as well

try something for me, take three different batts and see what they read in escribe. also, what kind of batts are you using that are giving you those voltages? i've heard efests can be more miss than hit when it come to playing nice with the wismec. worst case senario, when you dropped it, you jarred a wire loose somewhere between the balance circuit. basically what i'm saying is something isn't making connection somewhere. whether it's your batteries making poor contact with positive part of wismec's battery sled or it could even be the grounding screw wismec uses for the main negative from the batts to the board. (gold plated screw under white foam plug in back underneath cell 1 on the batt sled.

edit.......when you dropped it did it bend and push the battery sled in one direction or the other? with your battery door on are there any noticeable gaps....top....bottom? is it hard to close the door, now that you've dropped it

heres the battery orientation...
Untitled.pngbatt_wismec.png

Im using Sony VTC4 batteries, I'm going to head to the vape shop and try out some other ones as these are my only 3 :/ there's no gap in the back piece and the batteries are seated perfect. Honestly I'm thinking the same, maybe a wire or that screw you mentioned... So depressed it was barely a fall.. All on carpet too. Didn't know this thing was made of fine China -__- what do you think my best route is to get something fixed internally? It's less than a month old so would it be under some kind of warranty?

Definitely worth a shot! It would be a shame to lose 200 bucks over half a foot tumble lol. Also I noticed with two batteries in the device starts and displays warranty service with two batteries installed, but at about 20% brightness, and the second I throw the third cell in, it shuts off.