What is this micro controller responsible for?

FerdinandHrugger

Hello!Unfortunately my DNA200 chip died.Cause i dont think this is a warranty case(found e-liquid inside,) we already did some soldering,and know we the short circuit lead us to this micro controller.Do anyone know what is it responsible for?And what is the marking for it(to find a replacement for it) .On photo i circled it with black.
Thank you for your help!
Hh48J2QxheI.jpg 

FerdinandHrugger said:

Hello!Unfortunately my DNA200 chip died.Cause i dont think this is a warranty case(found e-liquid inside,) we already did some soldering,and know we the short circuit lead us to this micro controller.Do anyone know what is it responsible for?And what is the marking for it(to find a replacement for it) .On photo i circled it with black.
Thank you for your help!
Hh48J2QxheI.jpg 

i'm thinking what you have circled is a high speed LDO voltage regulator. the microcontroller is the black square ic that says 'ATMEL' on it. you'll have to find the maker whether it be mouser, TI, toshiba, torex etc. then you have to get the exact specs for that ic. how do you know for sure you damaged that component? do you have the correct equipment to test it? that being said, i would not attempt to repair this board yourself. your best is to open a service ticket with evolv from their website and tell them your problem. most likely they'll have you RMA the board. they're great when it comes to helping people with board problems. :)

FerdinandHrugger said:

i'm thinking what you have circled is an 'operational amplifier' OP amp for short. the microcontroller is the black square ic that says 'ATMEL' on it.

Thank for your reply!On mine it says LAIB.Do you think they will RMA it after some soldering?
Soldering job like wiring battery, atty and other basic stuff to get board works should be fine for RMA.

FerdinandHrugger said:

i'm thinking what you have circled is an 'operational amplifier' OP amp for short. the microcontroller is the black square ic that says 'ATMEL' on it.

Thank for your reply!On mine it says LAIB.Do you think they will RMA it after some soldering?
you should have no problem resolving your board problem with evolv. open a ticket, be patient, they will get back to you.