Battery meter jumps back up when low

TempeModder

Hello all, When my battery gets to the 30% range it jumps back up to about 55%. I have tried numerous different discharge graphs and modified the default discharge graph and I'm continuing to see the same issue. I can't complain because battery life is more than anticipated just wondering why it does this. I understand that the battery gauge doesn't mean much on this chip but I would still like to get this worked out as I am OCD about this kind of stuff. Home built 3D printed with nano tech turnigy 1500 mah. Thanks in advance!

TempeModder said:

Hello all, When my battery gets to the 30% range it jumps back up to about 55%. I have tried numerous different discharge graphs and modified the default discharge graph and I'm continuing to see the same issue. I can't complain because battery life is more than anticipated just wondering why it does this. I understand that the battery gauge doesn't mean much on this chip but I would still like to get this worked out as I am OCD about this kind of stuff. Home built 3D printed with nano tech turnigy 1500 mah. Thanks in advance!

you have the correct settings for your specific battery correct? wh's 3cell, Li, soft cut off? could you have a loose connection somewhere between the battery and board (balance connector, main + -) do the cells voltages bounces around if you wiggle the battery wires while watching in device monitor?

i've never heard of this issue before. maybe someone else has and found a fix.

TempeModder said:

Hello, thanks for the response. All settings are correct for the battery and the connections are strong. Can't get voltage to fluctuate at all by moving wires. Maybe just something weird with the battery chemistry? Thanks!

maybe an intermittent connection problem inside the lipo? either way, try another lipo if you have. if the batt still jumps the battery bar, open a ticket with with evolv. honestly this sounds like how the dna40 battery bar behaves, not the dna200, lol. are you sure your graph is correct and you have all of your voltages/percentages in descending order? have you ran battery analyzer on your lipo? 

Voltage seems too consistent to be a connection issue. I have tried the individual cell voltage display and I never see any fluctuation other than typical drain. The discharge curve is all descending, I don't have another battery to try but I may order one just to get to the bottom of this. I am also going to try a 2 point discharge from 4.2-3.09V and see what that looks like. Unfortunately I can't successfully run a battery analyzer test as I am using virtual box on a Mac, I always get a "USB disconnected" message. I am thinking it has something to do with running it on Mac. Thanks for the help, I will probably get over it and just turn off the percentage readout. :)