Warranty issues

jgstrings88

So I am an assistant manager at Vape-One in St. Louis.  We've had alot of DNA200 devices and I've built several.  By far my favorite board to date.  In order to provide this awesome board to customers who were on a budget we were carrying the HCigar VT200.  

One of my customers who bought this device had what looked like some kind of board/battery failure and it is no longer working.  It appeared to be non-responsive and upon opening it definitely had the smell of fried components.  Tried different Lipos and Escribe to investigate further but no change.  Typically the variety of safety features for battery charging and monitoring work great.

When its not something we've built we will normally just pursue company warranty for our customers.  The reason I'm posting is because I'm getting no response from HCigar even after contacting them post-spring festival.  So basically I'm reaching out here to see if anyone has any ideas on how I can get my customer taken care of besides charging him to rebuild it or get him a seperate device.

jgstrings88 said:

So I am an assistant manager at Vape-One in St. Louis.  We've had alot of DNA200 devices and I've built several.  By far my favorite board to date.  In order to provide this awesome board to customers who were on a budget we were carrying the HCigar VT200.  

One of my customers who bought this device had what looked like some kind of board/battery failure and it is no longer working.  It appeared to be non-responsive and upon opening it definitely had the smell of fried components.  Tried different Lipos and Escribe to investigate further but no change.  Typically the variety of safety features for battery charging and monitoring work great.

When its not something we've built we will normally just pursue company warranty for our customers.  The reason I'm posting is because I'm getting no response from HCigar even after contacting them post-spring festival.  So basically I'm reaching out here to see if anyone has any ideas on how I can get my customer taken care of besides charging him to rebuild it or get him a seperate device.

have you opened a ticket with evolv from their website? my guess is you'll have to de-solder the board then RMA the board back to evolv. where upon receipt of the bad board, they will ship a new one out. that's how it has worked for me. they are quick with shipping out new/repaired boards.

sadly, you're not the first person to post about hcigar not responding to warranty issues. i have heard of hcigar not honoring warranties when their units are sold below MAP. 

maybe loan your customer a mod until the vt200 is repaired. 

that's my two cents.......