more than a blown fuse

Hi All,

i have a DNA200 board on which the fuse is blown. But I've also measured the transistor in which the fuse goes and is in short too. Has anyone had the same issue before? I can short the fuse to see what is happening but first i wanted to see if someone had the same issue and if someone knows the transistor as a spare part.

Thanks

joeoancea said:

Hi All,

i have a DNA200 board on which the fuse is blown. But I've also measured the transistor in which the fuse goes and is in short too. Has anyone had the same issue before? I can short the fuse to see what is happening but first i wanted to see if someone had the same issue and if someone knows the transistor as a spare part.

Thanks

i would double check this is right part but this is what i came up with.

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BSC014NE2LSI-DS-v02_02-en.pdf?fileId=db3a30433072cd8f013093b0024571b1

before de-soldering main components from the board, i would open a help ticket with evolv from their website, tell them your problem and see what they say to do.

i would NOT send power through the board without a fuse. you could damage it further. does the MOSFET look burned? i know with a synchronous buck converter, the freewheeling diode is replaced with a second switch (MOSFET). i would check all four FETS.

this is the link for a new fuse.......

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=3413.0332.22virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-3413.0332.22

Thanks for the links. 
I have for now a 20A fuse, i will use one for testing purposes these days. The FET doesn't look burned but is in short, the rest of them are not. I have already measured them. I have experience with soldering smd components, so it won't be an issue to change it, the only concern is not having more components burned. without schematic is difficult to find them. 

joeoancea said:

Thanks for the links. 
I have for now a 20A fuse, i will use one for testing purposes these days. The FET doesn't look burned but is in short, the rest of them are not. I have already measured them. I have experience with soldering smd components, so it won't be an issue to change it, the only concern is not having more components burned. without schematic is difficult to find them. 

you don't think it would just be easier to ship it back to evolv? more than likely they'll just replace the entire board with a new one. if you don't ship it back i would check both of the mosfet gate drivers on the other side of the board. how to test them? no idea. hope it works out for you!