Smok TFV4 SS Coil TF-STC2

stuartF

• 2 weeks later...
stuartF said:

In tiny text on the picture of the coil on the box, you can see it says SS304. I've used that curve from steam engine & get a reasonable vape at 600deg & 50w but not overly impressed. Feels a bit weak

Smok site says they are only rated to 550 degrees.  Have you tried upping your wattage and lowering the temp?  I haven't had a TF4V coil yet that vapes well at low wattage, even in TC.  For me they never seem to warm up well till 70W.

First i would like to say great form... I have the same setup TFV4 and bought the TF-STC2 coils stainless steel dual clapton coils, Had the same problems as everyone.Then i watched one of my youtube review of djllsb vapes here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XANO6u6EmcY work like a charm vaping the ss like a boss

hummer01 said:

First i would like to say great form... I have the same setup TFV4 and bought the TF-STC2 coils stainless steel dual clapton coils, Had the same problems as everyone.Then i watched one of my youtube review of djllsb vapes here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XANO6u6EmcY work like a charm vaping the ss like a boss

Thanks. What TC settings are working for you?

• 2 months later...

I've got a TFV4 Mini on a Wismec Reuleaux DNA200. I decided instead of using the normal TF-N2 coils, I bought some TF-STC2 coils! I really wish I hadn't! Anyhow after burning up a cpl I realized my Reuleaux needed an upgrade! So now it's set to ss316 & I've got it set at 70w 550°, max! It works, but very quickly exceeds the temp & produces a tiny amt of vapor! I'm wondering if there's a patch or if anyone has a tip on custom settings I should use, or any other solution! Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm using these coils as well, they brought my TFV4 off the shelf and back into my rotation. I am at 66.6 watts @ 480. I'm liking them so much I actually ordered another TFV4 so I could get my wife using these SS coils too. I'm using the regular SS316 setting on escribe and I get a ton of smoke. Try using a thinner juice, I'm using 70/30 and 60/40 juices at the moment.