Quad Coil Stainless316l Help

44iconic

I was just wondering if anyone had tried any quad coils of 316l for temp control. I have been trying different coils (standard tight wraps, spaced wraps and claptons). The problem I'm having is that the temp is very erratic sometimes it will work for a minute then it puts me in power mode. I have tried various ohms in builds ranging from 1.5 ohms down to 0.05. I'm not sure if I am setting up the materials incorrectly in escribe or if it just that SS is to hard to track in a quad coil set up. 316l works in my toptank with only one coil. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

44iconic said:

I was just wondering if anyone had tried any quad coils of 316l for temp control. I have been trying different coils (standard tight wraps, spaced wraps and claptons). The problem I'm having is that the temp is very erratic sometimes it will work for a minute then it puts me in power mode. I have tried various ohms in builds ranging from 1.5 ohms down to 0.05. I'm not sure if I am setting up the materials incorrectly in escribe or if it just that SS is to hard to track in a quad coil set up. 316l works in my toptank with only one coil. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

first off, welcome 44iconic. 
SS has the smallest TCR of all the wires we vapers use. it can be hard sometimes to get build up running the way you want it. i would suggest ditching the quad SS coil build, for now, and stick with single or dual SS coil builds. quad coils will be especially hard to TC because you have four coils that might vary in resistance from each other. also, four coils is a lot coil mass to heat up quickly for the dna to recognize as a TC wire. if the dna board does not see a rise in temp (resistance) in a predetermined amount of time it will drop out of TC. that's what you're experiencing. a few tips that work for me when i'm using SS 316L are (in no particular order) : 1) spaced coils always. 2) using the correct TCR 0.00092 or steam engines 316L CSV file uploaded into my dna 75/200. 3) all wire and atty connections are tight and clean. 4) a correct cold baseline resistance reading. i also lock my resistance when the dna cannot refine it any lower. 5) good preheat settings will help you get your coils up to temp quickly and keep you in TC. 6) make sure your mod resistance is set correctly in escribe (don't forget, anything you change in escribe must be uploaded to your mod in order for the change to take effect)
i've also noticed i have to run higher temps with my SS than my other TC wires to get the vape i want.