VT133 Won't fire, says Check battery

jdemp

With freshly charged batteries when the fire button is pressed, it says check battery. With the mod connect to charging source it stays on and say the same when you press the fire button. With it not connected it will not stay on and you have to hold the fire button for it to come on. as soon as you let on the button it goes off. In device monitor battery cell 1 is reading 1.13 and cell 2 is reading 5.22. I have tried hard and soft reboot, USB recovery and nothing is happening.

Please help.

jdemp said:

With freshly charged batteries when the fire button is pressed, it says check battery. With the mod connect to charging source it stays on and say the same when you press the fire button. With it not connected it will not stay on and you have to hold the fire button for it to come on. as soon as you let on the button it goes off. In device monitor battery cell 1 is reading 1.13 and cell 2 is reading 5.22. I have tried hard and soft reboot, USB recovery and nothing is happening.

Please help.

if you go into escribe and click on "manufacturers settings", are your battery settings at "2 cell" ?

batt_settings.png

jdemp said:

yes they are.

did the device ever work/vape? can you post a screen shot of device monitor with cell 1-3, pack voltage, and usb current checked. cell 1 voltage worries me. also make sure both your batts are fully charged and at the same voltage.
honestly i'm thinking this might be a board issue which means a RMA situation. but let's try some things first..who knows, you might get it working.

Both batteries are fully charged to 4.2. This is what device monitor is saying. Yes I've had the mod for about 2 weeks and has worked flawlessly up until today. I haven't dropped it or anything. That's what has stumped me on this.

image.jpg

Possibly but I would almost bet its not. I do my best to take care of it so things like this won't happen. I'm hesitant to open it up because it still under warranty. I'm just trying to figure out if it's something I cant do without send it in. LOL

if you're confident in your vendor honoring the warranty i'd say contact them first before opening up your mod. if not, then open her up and take a close look around the balance tap area for any eliquid or metal shavings, like my boy dwcraig1 asked about. also check for burnt or any board components that may have fallen off. my guess is the analog font end went out (square black chip above usb port on circuit board) or even a small capacitor or resistor got knocked off or fried itself and you need a new board, but i could be wrong.

I talked to my vendor today and they will warranty it but just trying to exhaust all the possibilities first. I was hoping I could find something else but I'm like you that its something on the bored has went bad. thanks for the help!