vaporshark dna200 doesnt recognize usb and will not charge

Johndkim

so i had it charging in my car couple days ago and when i went bck to check ten minutes later it never charged, mod  itself works just fine with any attys ive tried but it wont recognize usb cable or on escribe also. forgot to mention when i unplugged it from my car it was warm to the touch, not sure if the fuse is blown or what. pulled the board out to check for any burned spots or if any solder was removed and everything looks intact. ive emailed vaporshark already and waiting on their email back, any of you had this happen to your vaporshark? 

Johndkim said:

so i had it charging in my car couple days ago and when i went bck to check ten minutes later it never charged, mod  itself works just fine with any attys ive tried but it wont recognize usb cable or on escribe also. forgot to mention when i unplugged it from my car it was warm to the touch, not sure if the fuse is blown or what. pulled the board out to check for any burned spots or if any solder was removed and everything looks intact. ive emailed vaporshark already and waiting on their email back, any of you had this happen to your vaporshark? 

i had my shark charging in my car once and nearly killed the board with a crappy car usb charger and damaged usb cable. starting spitting "warranty service" at me. bad idea to leave a shark on a car usb. check the usb cable you were using at the time, it might be damaged/shorted. throw it out.

ChunkyButt200 said:

to reply to your other post in the other thread.....my VS was still under warranty, 5 DAYS OLD! lol. so VS payed for everything. shipping both ways and a new board at no cost to me. you most likely shorted your usb out like i did with a crappy usb cable.

Yeah it's the same cable that came with my Psyclone evo cable and I've checked it with my other DNA mods and that cable works fine. Yeah maybe I toasted my USB . I guess I'll just have to wait on VS to email me back. Shame the mod is mint and purchased it from a Friend who bought two at the time they came out and mine was suppose to be his back up one so it was unopened in the package till I bought from him like 4 months ago.

Johndkim said:

Yeah it's the same cable that came with my Psyclone evo cable and I've checked it with my other DNA mods and that cable works fine. Yeah maybe I toasted my USB . I guess I'll just have to wait on VS to email me back. Shame the mod is mint and purchased it from a Friend who bought two at the time they came out and mine was suppose to be his back up one so it was unopened in the package till I bought from him like 4 months ago.

vaporshark has a very reasonable repair service. good prices. here's a link. but wait and see what they email you first before doing anything. you get lucky and they might hook you up with some love for your busted mod.

http://www.vaporshark.com/dna/dna-200-diagnostic