Efusion mini won't charge

badass05gto

I got an efusion mini DNA 200 second hand a few days ago. It worked great the first day and charged overnight. The next day I used it most of the day and went to charge it that night, first in my car, then at home on my regular 1amp charger. It didn't take any charge and the charging amperage reads 3.08 on the screen and in diagnostics on escribe, but the voltage does not increase at all. I've tried everything in escribe, except a battery analysis, but I made sure the battery calculations are correct and everything and everything else I do in escribe works. So I'm confused, if the USB port went bad on the device wouldn't it have a problem connecting to escribe? I did a search here on the forum and came up with nothing like my issue, hoping someone may have some input, thanks in advanced!

hi badass05gto. you're saying, in escribe's device monitor, the usb current while plugged into the computer is 3.08a's? somethings seriously wrong. the dna 200 should never draw more than .5 a when connected to a comp and 1.0 a when using a wall wart. what are the individual cell voltages? also what is the pack voltage? post a screenshot of DM with all of the battery options ticked and post it here.

The cells are balanced around 3.7 and the pack was around 11.1. And yes I know it shouldn't be above those charging amps, something's not registering correctly, but it's not actually charging at all. I'll try to take a screenshot when I get home and have the ability to screenshot, but nothings wrong within escribe, it seems like a hardware issue.

it most likely is a hardware issue, maybe. super hard to diagnose a mod over the internet, lol. since it's second hand and has no warranty (i am correct in thinking this?) open her up (only if you're comfortable doing so) and post some pics of both sides of the board. BTW, you're not the first person to post a problem of this nature. there's one other thread in here with a mod that had the same symptoms.......

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66546-topic/

Correct there's no warranty, but thank you for pointing me in the direction of the other thread! I will probably buy an external lipo charger for now and send my device for repair when lost vape gets back to me. It's too bad this is my first venture into DNA and this happened... I'm an experienced vaper who manages a few shops...