Therion DNA75 Dual (Battery Life)

bluessyy

Good Day!

I'm just sharing my experience with Therion since I've been using it for 3 weeks now. I am using LG HG2 3000mAh dual and Enook 3600mAh dual batteries but I am not getting longer battery life with both.

I've got an Avocado 24 and Azeroth, with Fused Clapton; 5 wraps ; dual coil build. And preheat only comes out when using my Azeroth. I am not sure why it does not happen to my Avocado.

The performance, however is great but battery my life is short. I'm running 55 watts and got 15 amps with my build.

I've got the latest firmware and escribe version.

Firmware: 2016-06-05
Escribe: 1.2 SP3

Attached is my setup below.

I would really like to hear your thoughts on what I can improve with my setup to meet longer battery life.

Profile_Fused_Clapton.png 
Material_Kanthal_with_Preheat.png 
Battery_Settings.png 

welcome to the forum bluessyy. are both of your batteries discharging, evenly? try using a single battery in each slot of the sled (one slot with a battery, one slot empty, got it?), then press the fire button. if the mod turns on with the battery in one slot but not the other, there's a battery connection issue somewhere. if you CAN run a single battery in either slot at a time, then your batteries aren't that great. you can also use the mod for a bit then check both batts with a DMM to see if they're close in charge. keep in mind the dna 75 is 85% efficient.

Hi Thank You ChunkyButt200, I tried what you had me do and each slot is fine. I tried using my Enook 3600mAh pair which are new ones but it has almost the same run time as my LG HG2 3000mAh. I am firing 55 watts with both types of battery and got the same run time. Any other suggestions regarding the settings? :D I would really appreciate it.

bluessyy said:

Hi Thank You ChunkyButt200, I tried what you had me do and each slot is fine. I tried using my Enook 3600mAh pair which are new ones but it has almost the same run time as my LG HG2 3000mAh. I am firing 55 watts with both types of battery and got the same run time. Any other suggestions regarding the settings? :D I would really appreciate it.

i checked what enook is over the net and it seems the problem lies in the enook battery. it has a label of 3600mah with 35amp discharge rate. honestly, i won't trust any brand that claims more than 20amps continuous discharge with greater than or equal to 3000mah capacity in an 18650 (e.g. awt and meng).

dna75 has maximum input current of 28amps and if enook is 3600mah then estimated maximum cdr will be 10amp (or less) per battery. you can try to lessen the input current on escribe and see if it helps.

but better stick with legit samsung or lg 18650.