ohms too high "error"

I noticed the following behaviour which can easily be improved.

You can set your mod to a wattage, that exceeds the 6V limit and the mod shows "ohms too high". This is correct but the mod should not let you set a wattage exceeding 6V in first place

The wrong part here:

If your battery is draining and falling to 3.7V for example, the mod shows ohms too high again because it can no longer deliver 6V! This should be weak battery, not ohms too high.

On a 0.4 ohm coil I get the warning at 3.5V at 77W, with a 0.48 ohm coil at 74W, I get this warning at 3.7V.

Ohms too high is just not correct, they are in the 6V range, the mod just can not deliver 6V anymore and should display "weak battery". Also I am wondering why other chps can deliver 6V down to 3.2V on my samsung 30Q (at least I think so) but not the DNA250?

EDIT: I am talking about the dual cell config! So DNA167 :)

• Like 1

From the DNA250 data sheet:

Weak Battery: The battery needs to be charged, or a higher rate battery needs to be used. If this happens, the DNA 250 will continue to fire the atomizer, but will not be able to provide the desired wattage. The Weak Battery message will continue to flash for a few seconds after the end of puff.

Ohms Too High: The resistance of the atomizer coil is too high for the current wattage setting. If this happens, the DNA 250 will continue to fire, but will not be able to provide the desired wattage. The Ohms Too High message will continue to flash for a few seconds after the end of puff.

Output Voltage .5 Volt (min)  9.3 Volts(max)

Input Voltage 9.0 Volts (min)  11.1 Volts (typical)  12.6 Volts (max)

• Thanks 1

From you post 77 watts @ 0.4 ohms gives 5.54 volts.  Fully charged adequate batteries should work depending on battery sag level.  As the battery level reduces the ohm's are too high for the wattage setting and the reduced battery voltage.  Thus the ohm's too high message.  Reduce the wattage and the battery still has adequate voltage for that reduced wattage.  It is not weak batteries it is just reduced voltage of the batteries falling below the required voltage needed to support the wattage you set.  Voltage sag plays a big part also.  Firing voltage is different than resting voltage.  At least these are my thoughts.  I'm not saying anything you don't already know.  I'm not familiar with the 30Q batteries but aren't they 15A batteries?

Yep I see your thought process and rational.  I  think the ohm's too high is better fitted.  An example:  167 watts with a .4 ohm coil (using your device) gives 8.17 volts.  Fully charged dual batteries can't get there thus the ohm's too high for the set wattage. They are not weak batteries.   Good conversation for others to read I think and chime in if they want.  I'm not a high wattage guy thus never get ohm's too high nor weak battery message so I'm waiting for the DNA60 as I love tiny devices.  Can't wait to build one...  :)