VT200 maximum charge at 79% . Low USB current ( +- 0.05 A) . Cell 2 looks dodgy .

swize82

Hey all , my vt200 is not charging fully atm (maxed out at 79%) . USB current is hovering around 0.05-0.06 Amp . Cell 1 (4.20v) Cell 2 (4.02v) Cell 3 (4.20v) . On the device monitor , Cell 2 sometimes has an error flash . I suspect cell 2 is going bad . The battery level seems to drop slowly the longer i charge (now at 75%). Is there anything i can do to rectify this without changing the lipos ? . Thanks All this happened after I updated to sp3.

UPDATE : After hard reboot , battery jumped up to 80% . Weird 

you could leave it on the USB charger and just wait it out. the dna 200 can handle small differences in voltages but it takes quite a while when 1 or 2 cells are far apart, like yours. another option is to just charge the cell that is falling behind. this involves removing the lipo and some "MacGyvering" with an 18650 charger. not sure about your level of understanding when it comes to electronics so i'm hesitant to explain further, lol.

swize82 said:

I left the mod to charge overnight . The charge still maxed out at around 77 - 79 % . Cell 1 & 3 fully charged at 4.20v and Cell 2 at 4.0v and it wouldn't go any higher . looks like i need to change the lipo i guess .

correct, easiest way to fix your problem would be to replace the lipo. vt200 lipos are still available.

here's some links.....

http://sweet-vapes.com/hcigar-vt200-replacement-lipo-battery.html

https://www.fasttech.com/product/5088900-authentic-hcigar-vt200-replacement-1300mah-li-po

when you left the mod on charge overnight was there USB current still being drawn? even if it was 0.09 it was trying to balance. you could drain the battery all the way down by vaping then put it back on usb to charge. i have seen that work to correct discrepancies in cell voltages. it could take a few discharges and recharges to get it balanced again, just know that.

• 2 weeks later...
Think i have the same problem, got hcigar dna200 for few days, and 1 cell is on 4.10v others are on 4.20, level 89%

"when you left the mod on charge overnight was there USB current still being drawn? even if it was 0.09 it was trying to balance. you could drain the battery all the way down by vaping then put it back on usb to charge. i have seen that work to correct discrepancies in cell voltages. it could take a few discharges and recharges to get it balanced again, just know that.
 "

Tnx chunky, will try that, because:
Capture1.png  Capture2.png 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. After a month of normal usage, the battery finally charged to 100%. The max charge increased slowly throughout the month and finally today I can get a full charge. Lipos are interesting in the way they sort itself out. Looks like it's not a bad cell after all.