DNA 250 charging at .1 amps and possibly missing components?

plcockrell

Just finished building my first mod and this morning I found that my device did not charge last night. I plugged my device into escribe and pulled the monitor and noticed that my charging amp was at .095 - .1 which seems really low. 

I have been searching for about an hour now to find someone with a similar issue and so far only found one other posting with the same issue. He later found out there was a wire shorting out a chip above the balance charger. I looked at my device and did not see any stray wire but I did notice what looked like a missing component. My camera cant take the picture so I boxed whats missing on the image below. Does anyone know if this missing part would be make my device charge at .1 amp? 

The only other thing that is giving me issues is my board is reporting -40 F for the temp? Not sure if the 2 issues are related.

I have tried hard reset, soft reset, multiple cables, reflashing the firmware, changing the usb current limit, different chargers, different computers/ports(I know its only .5 A with a computer data port) 2016-12-13_09_00_31-.png  dna200-vs-dna250-back.jpg

plcockrell said:

Just finished building my first mod and this morning I found that my device did not charge last night. I plugged my device into escribe and pulled the monitor and noticed that my charging amp was at .095 - .1 which seems really low. 

I have been searching for about an hour now to find someone with a similar issue and so far only found one other posting with the same issue. He later found out there was a wire shorting out a chip above the balance charger. I looked at my device and did not see any stray wire but I did notice what looked like a missing component. My camera cant take the picture so I boxed whats missing on the image below. Does anyone know if this missing part would be make my device charge at .1 amp? 

The only other thing that is giving me issues is my board is reporting -40 F for the temp? Not sure if the 2 issues are related.

I have tried hard reset, soft reset, multiple cables, reflashing the firmware, changing the usb current limit, different chargers, different computers/ports(I know its only .5 A with a computer data port) 2016-12-13_09_00_31-.png  dna200-vs-dna250-back.jpg

open a help ticket with Evolv. any missing components warrants a help ticket.short answer yes, it could interfere with charging and temp readings. you're not charging correctly because your board can't account for the right temp (safety feature).

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add