Lavabox DNA 200 -- Mod and/or charging issue???

BeavNH

Hey, I've had the Lavabox DNA 200 for about 3 months now. I have purchased the extended/bigger battery also (just FYI). Today, I was vaping and noticed that I forgot to charge the mod so it ran out of battery and stopped vaping as usual. Here's where my issues began. When I plugged it in to charge I noticed that the 'lightning bolt" that comes on inside the battery symbol on the screen of the mod when it's charging failed to come on/show up. Oddly I then noticed that the screen changed to screen that comes on when the mod is charging (Escribe-has setting that allows you to choose what info is displayed when the mod "IS" and "IS NOT" charging". I have it set so it shows USB CURRENT, USB VOLTAGE AND USB POWER. This is when I noticed my problem. *The USB readings were all normal except for the one that reads the charging amps. It reads 0.00-0.001* (normally it's around 0.97-0.99 which is correct because it charges at 1 amp).* Also, the display showing the USB Voltage reads "exactly" 4.26 amp. The reason I say "exactly" is because normally the value is constantly changing/jumping around between 4.21-4.34 amp.* Can anybody help me out with this issue?? I would appreciate it very much. Haven't had a cigarette since I bought this Lavabox and I really don't want to go back to the "stinkys" haha. Thank you. -Beav

BeavNH said:

Hey, I've had the Lavabox DNA 200 for about 3 months now. I have purchased the extended/bigger battery also (just FYI). Today, I was vaping and noticed that I forgot to charge the mod so it ran out of battery and stopped vaping as usual. Here's where my issues began. When I plugged it in to charge I noticed that the 'lightning bolt" that comes on inside the battery symbol on the screen of the mod when it's charging failed to come on/show up. Oddly I then noticed that the screen changed to screen that comes on when the mod is charging (Escribe-has setting that allows you to choose what info is displayed when the mod "IS" and "IS NOT" charging". I have it set so it shows USB CURRENT, USB VOLTAGE AND USB POWER. Here I noticed my problem. The USB readings were all normal except for one that reads the amps. It read 0.00-0.001 (normally it's around 0.97-0.99 which is what it should be because it charges at 1 amp. Can anybody help me out with this issue?? I would appreciate it alot. Thank you. -Beav

welcome to the forum beavNH. in EScribe's device monitor, what are the individual cell voltages? pack voltage? if they are very low or imbalanced you may need to use the "USB recovery" function. post a screenshot of DM.

ChunkyButt200 said:

welcome to the forum beavNH. in EScribe's device monitor, what are the individual cell voltages? pack voltage? if they are very low or imbalanced you may need to use the "USB recovery" function. post a screenshot of DM.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not at home now but I will do what u said when I get home. I also forgot to add that I went ahead and bought another Lavabox once this happened. It lasted about 2 weeks and literally the same exact thing happened. Thats 2 Lavabox at $160-170 a piece. I'm bummin.

you edited your post...

if your USB voltage is 4.27v or below the DNA will limit the charging current. sounds like a junk USB cable and/or wall wart. i would try a different USB cable and or charger first (preferably a known good one, one that can pass at least 1 amp. make sure the wall wart can provide 1 amp as well). you'd be surprised how many USB cables can't even pass 1 amp.

still post a screenshot of DM when you can, of both mods.

ChunkyButt200 said:

you edited your post...

if your USB voltage is 4.27v or below the DNA will limit the charging current. sounds like a junk USB cable and/or wall wart. i would try a different USB cable and or charger first (preferably a known good one, one that can pass at least 1 amp. make sure the wall wart can provide 1 amp as well). you'd be surprised how many USB cables can't even pass 1 amp.

I've tried 3 different cables and 3 wall warts. Also combinations using all of them. I did make a mistake. On broken units the amp value does change. It however only fluctuates +/- 0.02 amps. Again I'll ask/point out that while the display does change to the charging screen display/values that I chose, the battery icon stays blank and doesn't show the "bolt" inside it as it normally does when it's charging.

ChunkyButt200 said:

the lightening bolt appears when the USB current passes 0.09 amps. be sure to post those screenshots when you can. mAKE sure all the battery option boxes are ticked as well as board temp before taking the screenshots.

Oh, I didn't know that. I hope you will check on this thread tomorrow because I won't be home/have my laptop until tomorrow around noon/early afternoon. Thanks again for all the help/input