Wrong Ohm Reading on Hcigar vt75 Kanger Tank

welcome to forum robbysock. kanger subtanks/mini subtanks have been known for creeping resistance issues. i personally had 2, that over time, became unusable because the resistance was all over the place. do you have any other tanks/RDA/RTA's that you can check res readings using the Vt75? if you know for sure it's the mod and not the tank, you might want to check a few things.

internal mod resistance setting (EScribe) (0.004 as an example) 

anode screw at the bottom of the mod (make sure it's snug)

unscrew and clean the round 510 plate threads and center pin with some iso alc

Hey thanks for the quick response.

1. I don't have any other tanks, but I do have another kanger that I'm going to try.
2. Where do you find the internal mod resistance setting in escribe?
3. Screw at bottom is snug
4. Cleaned thread plates.

Will let you know if it's any better.

Thank you!

if you're using the latest version of EScribe (SP5), you'll first have to be in the correct user interface. inside the "options" menu, at the top left of EScribe, select "manufacturer" UI. a couple more options/tabs will appear; "mod" and "research". inside the "mod" tab you'll find what your device's internal resistance or "mod resistance" is set to. i don't recall what Hcigar input for that field, i'm thinking around 0.004. i'll see if i can find it and update this post.

edit...common mod res settings seem to be around 0.002 - 0.004 for both the nano and reg Vt75.

Hey thanks for all your help. 
1. What would be the difference between setting it .002 as opposed to .004.
2. From my first post, it doesn't ask if this is a new coil. Could that be the issue. It never asks no matter how many times I screw it on or off, new coil or old. Is that because it's a premade coil or is there something possible wrong with it?

Thanks again!

in regular wattage mode, the new/old coil won't be asked.  that message is only asked when in TC mode.

not much of difference between 0.002 and 0.004, unless you're using TC with VERY low base res (0.08 and below). ideally, you would test your mod's internal resistance yourself, with the help of a copper threaded plug. this isn't super necessary, most DNA's will still function OK with a mod res not set, set to 0. however, if you want a super accurate ohm reading and super accurate TC, you would use this tool to find the resistance of your 510 wiring and the 510 itself.

if you're interested in the mod res calibration tool....

http://smokefreemods.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6619269