Temp Control issues. Therion DNA 75

glennzie

I'm having this same exact issue myself.

• Therion DNA75
  • OBS Engine
  • SS316L
  • Twisted Coils(24g x 24g)
  • 24g / 3mm ID
  • 6-7 wraps

I have tried a few different settings for this profile. Within the last few days it will either not stay in TC mode or it will detect the wrong resistance and use like 1-5 watts producing no vapor.

You must be using a TCR value...  .00092...you may have an unstable connection somewhere... I would check all your connections on you atty....deck screws etc...make sure the 510 pin on the atty is good & clean...clean the 510 connection on the device with some iso alcohol & cotton swab...

Hold on...your cold ohs & live ohms are the same...looks like the coil may have been warm when you set the cold ohms into the device...looks like the cold ohms are .180...you can go to the Atomizer Analyzer on the General tab...click override ohms...enter .18...close the analyzer & upload to device...then try it...

If you look at the last Device Monitor screenshot you posted, you will see that your cold ohms were at .203 & when you fired it, the ohms dropped...to the true cold ohms... and slowly rose back up to the .203 ohms again...meaning that your cold ohms in the device were actually set at the hot(max) ohms...you need to get the correct cold ohms into the device, because the device needs to see a rise in resistance that equates to 185f temp rise...with the cold ohms set so high, its never gonna see it...you can try leaving the setup alone for a little while & let the refinement reset the ohms....or remove the atty from the device for a little bit & when you reinstall it, if it ask if it is a new coil, select yes... the coils HAVE to be cold in order to get an accurate reading of the cold ohms

Well, that's part of my issue. Those coils SHOULD be right around 0.21. This problem has been ongoing for a few days and I have left the device and atty alone for hours and it may or may not ask me if there is a new coil. If it does ask me and I select yes, shortly after it will go back to only firing at 1-10w's, like it using the wrong temperatures.

I was looking over your screen shots & notice that you are using the Advanced User Interface...have you done any calibrations on the device yet?  Go to 'Options>User Interface' & select 'Manufacturer' & then post another screenshot of your Mod tab... I don't think LV sends out those mods with the 'Mod Resistance' set & it is really important for proper TC...

I hate to bump, but this thing is still not staying in tc mode. Sometimes tc works well for a hour or so and then stops using tc mode. Sometimes it senses the wrong temps and think it's 600F+ and only using 1-2watts. This is becoming quite annoying and I'd like to solve the issue.