TRIADE DNA250 TC not always working.

Madkat

So I only been vaping in TC mode, MKWS SS316L Alien pre coiled from Fasttech (dual @ 0.15Ohms)

lately the triade will spaz out and fire the coils like crazy like im running the full 250w into it and the last temp on the screen will show it has not even hit 100c, sometime it doesn't even get over 50 cause is smoking like a MOFO. the temp build up on the screen (right side) will sometimes climb up to 4000C... WTF?

now i have checked and nothing is touching or shorting on the RDA. i have the rashomon RDA and Goon RDA both with the same coils, when it spazes out i immediately swap to the other RDA and it does the same thing. 

i switch between power and tc mode to fix it or sometimes when it cools off it goes back to normal...

any ideas what it could be? are the coils dodgy? i am waiting on my coil variety pack and standard SS wire to arrive in the mail so i can't compare with diff coils as yet.

any ideas?

Sounds like the mod is, for some reason, dropping out ot TC mode into power mode..if those are contact coils, that could be an issue...can you post a few screenshots...Device Monitor while firing with the following checked...Power, Power Set, Temperature, Temperature Set, Cold Ohms, Live Ohms...also one of the 'Mod' tab...if those are contact coils, that could be an issue..

giz_60 said:

Sounds like the mod is, for some reason, dropping out ot TC mode into power mode..if those are contact coils, that could be an issue...can you post a few screenshots...Device Monitor while firing with the following checked...Power, Power Set, Temperature, Temperature Set, Cold Ohms, Live Ohms...also one of the 'Mod' tab...if those are contact coils, that could be an issue..

I'll try get that done tonight... but when you say contact coils could be a problem? am i supposed to be suing spaced coils only for TC mode? see from the fast tech website the coils i'm using below.5573802-1.jpg 

giz_60 said:

I found some standard wire left over in my toolkit which i made into some spaced coils and headed out last night. (forgot to run the aliens in device monitor etc as you mentioned... was desperate for a working vape last night :P )

Vaping all night and not one issue in TC mode with the spaced SS coils. I guess proves your point these alien SS contact coils are got are not gonna be TC friendly :(