Clouds On Crack Origin B0

(1 review)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Therion by Frank now perfectly pixel aligned and with UI redesigns; now easier and faster!

Please leave a review (good or bad) if you download this :) I want the feedback. I spent a lot of time on this theme and would really love it if people can share and review this.

The largest changes are:

• - Complete UI redesign with T H I C C text and C O L O R Z. Navigation has never been easier with the most important controls within 3 clicks of the initially highlighted control.
  • - M O A R live readouts and more precision controls.
  • - Much better coil settings that allows you to set the cold temp and material.
  • - Fixed Replay, it now has power as well as temp. Use replay how you want!
  • - New flip screen toggle on the main UI.
  • - Pixel perfect and colour perfect! Meticulously crafted and aligned.
  • - The Chart Settings page now reflect the colours on actually shown on the chart so users can refer to it as a key. Evolv plz let us change the chart colours manually ffs.

Bugs:

• - There are absolutely none that I'm aware of. I've gone through all the menus with a fine tooth comb. My OCD will not allow me to rest. Everything down to even the decimal places are perfectly pixel aligned, colours are matched down to the exact hex codes. I challenge you to find a single problem. I'll wait.

Why did I do this?

I never planned to release this to the public or even make a theme but with Frank turning into VG and disappearing into the wind I found it to be my own personal mission to carry on the greatest theme ever made. Not because I thought I was worthy to do so but because how much it bugged me to use. I loved his theme. That's why I use it, duh. Some of you may have laughed when I said I spent a lot of time aligning stuff pixel by pixel but it's very obvious when you look for it. Bring up the thumbnails for Frank's theme and you can tell even without mine as a reference. Many of the elements are horribly misaligned and have random sizes from frame to frame. Switch between mine and Frank's quickly as tabs and it's even more obvious. This is just the visual aspect.

Full Change Log:

• - M O A R C O L O U R and COMPLETE UI redesign. More colours to reflect what each text element is.
  • - F A S T E R controls. While Frank did make a great theme I don't think they took into account the control position. Controls are now easier than ever to use with the most important controls easily accessible within 3 clicks from the initially highlighted control.
  • - B I G G E R controls. Frank for whatever reason kept a lot of menus as small text. Text is now the largest they can be without distrupting anything else.
  • - B E T T E R replay. The replay mode did not have coil power for whatever reason. This forced the user to set it up in EScribe or forever hold their peace. This is now no longer a problem. You can use replay however you want.
  • - Flip display toggle. When using with my Dreamwood Glow I found it very helpful to quickly flip the display when using with glass. This is now easier than ever with the flip icon next to the battery instead of going into several layers of menus.
  • - Higher precision output where it matters, axed where it doesn't. I have changed all the places where 4dp makes sense and applied it. This is most noticeable on the main firing screen where voltage and amps have are now 4dp. The original theme also tried to give the user higher precision but in the wrong way. Deltas of .1 do not matter that much (read: completely and utterly imperceptible) and just made it harder to navigate. It tried to fix this via giving the user .5 steps instead via a toggle. This theme now does 1C and 1W by default and then goes up to 5C and 5W with a toggle. If you don't like this you can easily just change it back to 1dp. The diagnostics page can also be used to dial in a precise temp and power down to 0.01 if need be.
  • - Much better coil settings. The resistance now allows the user to set it up to 4dp as well as the cold coil temperature. This proved to be problematic as the resample button grabs the current board and room temps then uses the "room" temp for the cold coil resistance. In reality both of them *must* be physically on the board and are susceptible to heating up and noise. This is now no longer a problem as the user can see in detail the current board and room temps when setting up a new coil and are able to change the "cold" coil temp as they see fit. As a battery safety feature there is now multiple temperature read outs across all the screens. This should help make TC mode more accurate and safe by keeping the user aware of the board and "room" heating up. I know it was a problem for me when using my Dreamwood Glow as my mod would reach upwards of 55C on heavy long sessions. I suspect many users have constantly been getting far too hot and they didn't even know. The battery text will change colour with temp to indicate this with it turning full #FF0000 at 50C+. You should have done this anyway, but if you haven't by now; look up the data sheet for your batteries and make sure you stick to the spec. My P42As are safe up to 60C so 50C is a good enough warning for me.
  • - Battery level colour change was based on battery voltage which only applies to single cell mods. Mods with more than 1 cell simply do not reach down to sufficient level leaving the code useless. This is now fixed to reflect the battery level instead so it actually works on multi celled mods.
  • - Many MANY MANYYYY of the menus were horribly misaligned and not uniform. I went into each menu and matched the the size and position of each menu's controls. Many menu pages differed greatly in element size and positioning. For example the original split line asset was only 1 pixel thick. This means it was impossible to divide up the screen evenly.
  • - MANY MANY MANY micro pixel alignments and offsets. Fonts render differently depending on how tall the chars are with chars like 'g' and 'j' reaching down lower and some letter reaching higher. Probably something someone would have never notice. Now I'm sure they never will as it doesn't exist :) I don't think I should have ever needed to do this. Evolv should change it to be constant.
  • - Removed a bunch of pointless divisors and weird design choices.
  • - Fixed assets, one of the back arrows were using a different asset as compared to the other ones. This back arrow was for some reason one pixel smaller than the other ones. This has been fixed so all the back arrows are the same.
  • - Chart line colours are now matching with the Chart Settings so users can refer to it as a key.
  • - Battery bank option has been moved into the battery sub-menu. The design just didn't make sense as the battery bank option was in the navigation bar on the settings page. This has now been moved to the battery section where it should have been in the first place.
  • - You tell me, no seriously; I can't remember there are simply too many changes.

Not pink enough??? Not enough features?? Check out my own spin on Frank's theme with even more features!

Edited by Skit

User Feedback