Paranormal - No Vent Holes??

Ploppy

29 minutes ago, Ploppy said:

Received my Paranormal today, so far v impressed but one thing that concerns me is there doesn't appear to be any venting holes.  Have i bought a potential bomb or am i missing something?

There are vent holes under the removable side panels. In early reviews of the Paranormal the wood side panels had cutouts for the venting but mine didn't. I'm assuming in the event of a battery failure the sides will just pop off, but other than that I agree venting seems to be lacking.

lost_vape_paranormal_dna75c_tc_box-5.jpg

Edited by Fordski
remove extra photos

No reply from Lost Vape.....However it looks like I've possibly been slightly misled by the review i watched for the mod.   

It starts at 10:20 in and states the side holes are vents for the radiator strips from the chip, I've no clue re. strips as I've never built a mod, but when I looked in more detail, there are corresponding matching slits cut in the battery compartment which do indeed vent the batteries. A blow test works just fine.  Its not a lot of venting, especially if you use the solid carbon fiber panels, but should be enough to avoid a pipe bomb type of scenario in case of thermal runaway.

I've added a comment to the review thread to hopefully avoid anyone else having the same minor panic and i would like to clarify - I'm not slagging Vic off, I love his reviews.

Also, lesson learned for me, I have eyes......use them :)