Please Help - constant firing

sgtmonty

I've got a board that when fired, continues to fire. I use the onboard switches and have removed the board from the box to test it with the same result. 
It started the continues firing behavior intermittently at first then after a few minutes it became every time I pressed fire. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. I updated to the latest firmware, inspected the board, I cant see anything wrong.  any others experiencing this kind of problem?

Can you post a picture of the solder joint for your OUT wire? It is possible to make this happen if there is conductivity between the output terminal and one of the vias somewhat near it that carries the fire button signal. 

Or, go to escribe, go to about, left click on the Evolv logo seven times quickly ( the screen should disappear) to enable the debug options. Then go into device monitor, fire the mod from device monitor (bottom right hand menu) and see if the "buttons" value changes. 

If there is a short between the output and the fire signal, then pressing the button will fire the mod, and the mod firing keeps the button pressed. 

Or with a typical .25 ohm atomizer, see if a 1 watt output sticks, or if not there will be a minimum voltage to do it. 

John that is what happened. I got in close to the OUT wire last night and it had been pushed into the via that connects to the fire switch (I assume this happened when I pressed it in to the case, as the OUT side is rather tight). I unsoldered the OUT and trimmed it some and soldered it back on at a slight angle that prevents it from being pushed into the vias. Now its working flawlessly.