Opus died or bug

Monoxxide

Hello

I just received my opus in Belgium today. Im not sure if im missing something but i think it just died?
Havent fired it up once yet but this is wat happend, quoting myself rq from FB as english isnt my strongest point.

Think i just killed my opus while trying to upload the new firmware to it. I first uploaded 2 custom screens wich went perfect, then hit upload new firmware and device went pitch black. It wont do anything anymore now, tryed reconnecting few times, says no compatibe usb devices detected. The mod wont fire up when take usb wire out either. Any idea?

Windows 7 pro USB 3.0 , something did make the laptop freeze for a 10 seconds or so to, dont know much about technical stuff tbh.
I was thinking the warning (be sure ur device is idle before push start) was the problem. Wat does idle mean on the opus, complete black screen or just dimmed, as mine was just dimmed when i pushed start?

*edit*

Damn this board is quiet something else, very impressed after using it awhile. Cant wait till my ti wire is here to play with that.
Great job evolv, opus is very nice to, been lurking at those since the opus 20, was the perfect moment to get of those, so happy i made the jump.

• 3 weeks later...

hello,
I recently received some new boards. mod worked fine until I decided to connect to escribe was having issues connecting to device. Now board wont do anything completely dead. Any ideas Id appreciate any help. it wont connect for me to do anything with escribe.

Were you trying to update the firmware? If a firmware update fails, you can re-do it manually in Escribe by going to Tools... Update Firmware and then browsing for the firmware file you want to load on. 

If it fails a firmware update it won't connect automatically, but it will still respond. So don't panic quite yet.