dna 200 support for coils above 1.0 ohm??

sofarsogood

Does the dna 200 support coils with starting resistance above 1.0 ohm or can it be configured to do that?

The reason I ask is because I'm running a 1.2 ohm build with 28 guage titanium wire in an rda on a Kangxin mini and liking it a lot.  The Kangxin spec sheet says 1 ohm max in TC mode but apparently not.  I never built dual coil setups but may be I'm finding out what I was missing.  The benefit I'm seeing is lots of coil area to make vapor but efficient resistance under load of +2 ohms.  Why put an upper limit on TC resistance? 

The build is a contact coil, about 16 wraps on a 3 mm post.

The DNA 200 has a 9v output limitation.  So, it would depend on the wattage you wanted.  At 1.2 ohms you would be limited to a 67.5 watts initially (room temp coil) and as the titanium coil increases in resistance with temperature, the possible output wattage would descend in kind.

Thanks for the response. This build is new to me and a revelation. It appears I can have temp control, a high quality vape, AND the efficiency of a higher ohm single coil with as much wire as a dual coil build. I'm firing the coil at about 430 degrees and 30-40 max watts so the constraints you describe will work. If I can do this with the dna 200 you've got my interest. Thanks again