problems with escribe on virtualbox

I've just received a reuleaux from a giveaway. I have a MacBook Air and quickly discovered that escribe doesn't work with macs yet. so,I downloaded virtualbox and imported Windows 7,downloaded escribe and expected to be on my way to enjoying my new device. any time I try to configure,save,import anything i get an error saying the device is not connected and the cable may be loose. I've tried three different cables,I see the lightning bolt over the battery,but still get the error. well,after screwing with it all night my brother told me to try Windows 10. so I went through the tedious task of deleting all the files for window 7,and then waiting for the Windows 10 file and escribe to download. only to get the same error. the device is not connected the cable may be loose. hard and soft rebooting doesn't work. I get an error saying command failed. any ideas on what's going on?

Are you on El Capitan on your Mac by chance?  I'm on a Mac as well.  From my readings on several forums it sounds like Virtual box is a no go or at least unreliable fit on El Capitan at the moment.  

If you need it now, I've read that those using Parallels, VMware, or Boot Camping have had good results.  I'm going to set up a Boot Camp partition to get around it myself.  That way I don't have to wait for any other vendor other than Apple to upgrade their drivers.

Blueridgedog has a great tutorial on how to set it up under the thread "Mac Support". When you open VB, did you make sure to go under the "ports" section where you find "USB", and then click the box next to "Dimensions Engineering...."? If you don't click that box the escribe will not recognize your device... If this doesn't help, make sure to read the tutorial in the "Mac Support" thread on the very first page. If that doesn't help, then I don't know.