Vt200 battery gone weird

Toysoldiers

I think I just replied to you, download your Battery Profile and look at the CSV file. Full 100% should be 4.2V and empty 0% around 3.1V. If you run the Device Monitor look and compare Cell 1, 2 and 3 they should be the same or within ~0.1-0.2V while charging. If it's much more than you have a LiPo that's out if balance. Here are some user tested numbers that I'd use over the Evolv's defaults. HCigar does not properly setup their Mods and uses IMO cheap inferior LiPo's. Settings: Wh = 11.09 Battery Profile (CSV) http://www.filedropper.com/hcigarvt200battery Cutoff (V) = 3.09

I have updated the software and changed the battery part from 9 to 14.43 and it was working fine till the other day when it would stop charging at a certain point and after plugging it in again it will over charge.

My cells were fully charged at 100% before it went weird.

Cell 1 4.20 
Cell 2 4.20 
Cell 3 4.20 

Pack 12.60. 

Here's the thing, it's not a 14.43 Wh LiPo for the use range of the DNA 200 board. Rated vs Actual - Evolv cuts the batteries off above their Rated Cutoff and unless you're using your DNA 200 Mod as a low amperage flashlight (0.5A) you're losing some efficiency (Wh) through heat and battery resistance eg 10A. Trust me use the values I published that are real use case or run your own Battery Analyzer. I run all the Analyzers on every DNA 200 Mod not one is at Rated, and they're all (one expection) lower than Rated / theoretical.

You need to disable Sleep on the PC, I assume the PC us connected to AC, and it takes a really long time .. depending on the Wh of the battery and the load you placed on the Atty and wattage. Hours... Don't forget to upload the results to your Mod once finished and after I'd screenshot and save the CSV file just in case.

Jaquith said:

I think I just replied to you, download your Battery Profile and look at the CSV file. Full 100% should be 4.2V and empty 0% around 3.1V. If you run the Device Monitor look and compare Cell 1, 2 and 3 they should be the same or within ~0.1-0.2V while charging. If it's much more than you have a LiPo that's out if balance. Here are some user tested numbers that I'd use over the Evolv's defaults. HCigar does not properly setup their Mods and uses IMO cheap inferior LiPo's. Settings: Wh = 11.09 Battery Profile (CSV) http://www.filedropper.com/hcigarvt200battery Cutoff (V) = 3.09

Uploaded this to my VT200 it is now showing a pack charge of 10.8v with each cell at 3.6v but charging at 0.001 amps. Normally this device charges to a pack voltage of 12.6v with all cell showing 4.2v. The device itself is showing 5% charged.

I have set escribe to "Perform USB Recovery Charging" and now the device has jumped to 100% charged with a pack voltage of 10.8v. If I fire the device with a 0.7ohm @40Watts it immediately goes to weak battery.

Any ideas Please

UPDATE.... Have ordered a TURNIGY NANO-TECH LIPO BATTERY 3S 1300mAh 11.1V 25~50C XT60, so hopefully this will sort the issue, however does anyone have the required profile for this battery for use in Escribe.

Jaquith said:

Here are some user tested numbers that I'd use over the Evolv's defaults. HCigar does not properly setup their Mods and uses IMO cheap inferior LiPo's.

As I posted, these aren't my numbers. Now while I've run the Battery Analyzer on several batteries, setups and types HCigar is not one of them. I would perform a hard restart and for any Battery Profile to work you need to manually enter both numbers and upload the battery CSV file.