Reuleaux DNA200 Blank Screen/Warranty Service

gerbilstampede

It's a sad day. My Reuleaux seems to have given up on me after less than a month of use. I was hoping I get could get some insight into what the issue could be.  It was vaping great until I got up one morning took it off the charger and then nothing. No splash screen, no vapor, no sounds, nothing.  So I plug it up and I get the "warranty service" screen.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Tested my batteries and they passed, just to be sure I swapped batteries with a co-worker who also has the Reuleaux. My batteries worked on his and his didn't work on mine.

Tried a hard reset.

Updated to the latest firmware.

Hard reset again.

Any idea what to try next?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

@gerbilstampede it sounds like something with the balance charging. There is a lot of information on here about it if you type in "Warranty Service" in the Keyword box in the search settings. You might want to start a RMA ticket with your vendor. Or you can open up one with Evolv, but I believe you will have to swap the chips yourself.

JMarca said:

These threads are scaring me... I actually just pulled the trigger on one of these last night, I wonder what the actual fail rate on this mod is.

I know it seems that all you read is "bad" things and problems in this forum, but that is essentially what this forum is for, so you don't always hear about the success this chip has to offer. I imagine that most owners of this device have never had a use for this forum, so don't get scared quite yet This DNA 200 chip is the first of its kind, so naturally there's going to be kinks along the way. So far, I haven't read about a problem that couldn't be resolved. All in all, I think you will be happy with your purchase!

JMarca said:

These threads are scaring me... I actually just pulled the trigger on one of these last night, I wonder what the actual fail rate on this mod is.

Fail rate is on the DNA200 board, doesn't matter which mod it's in, I've had the same "warranty service" message on a custom mod, maker replaced the board.