Battery meter empty - Warranty Service message

audiovicious

I woke up about 5 days ago, and went to grab my HCigar VT200 from the charger and the screen just read WARRANTY SERVICE. Once it was removed from the charger, the message went away and the screen displayed the usual settings, but the battery meter showed as empty, though the device would fire.

Eventually, the meter came back after so much of the battery depleted or some time passed, I'm not sure what caused it. Then it would boucne between showing the battery bar, not showing the battery bar, and the warranty message (the warranty message only showed when it was plugged in though). Over the past few days, it seemed like it was getting gradually better. The battery meter almost always showed and drained, and it hadn't shown that error screen, it was working regularly aside from the battery meter showing empty rarely.

Then today, it started showing the empty battery meter much more often again. I took this screenshot of it sees the charge as very low, but the voltage on the cells as plenty high. I've been keeping an eye on this while I was trying to resolve it just to make sure my LiPo pack wasn't over charging. I sent a ticket to Evolv and they were awesome enough to answer and provide some help, but I've been busy and will be going out of town soon so haven't been able to send it off yet, it happened a month to the day that I got the device and the seller was not being very helpful, while Evolv replied right away and offered to have a look at it for free. I'll probably end up sending it in, but it'll have to wait until my  business trip is over.

Can someone make sense of this though, or is there a known fix for this kind of issue? charge.png

audiovicious said:

I woke up about 5 days ago, and went to grab my HCigar VT200 from the charger and the screen just read WARRANTY SERVICE. Once it was removed from the charger, the message went away and the screen displayed the usual settings, but the battery meter showed as empty, though the device would fire.

Eventually, the meter came back after so much of the battery depleted or some time passed, I'm not sure what caused it. Then it would boucne between showing the battery bar, not showing the battery bar, and the warranty message (the warranty message only showed when it was plugged in though). Over the past few days, it seemed like it was getting gradually better. The battery meter almost always showed and drained, and it hadn't shown that error screen, it was working regularly aside from the battery meter showing empty rarely.

Then today, it started showing the empty battery meter much more often again. I took this screenshot of it sees the charge as very low, but the voltage on the cells as plenty high. I've been keeping an eye on this while I was trying to resolve it just to make sure my LiPo pack wasn't over charging. I sent a ticket to Evolv and they were awesome enough to answer and provide some help, but I've been busy and will be going out of town soon so haven't been able to send it off yet, it happened a month to the day that I got the device and the seller was not being very helpful, while Evolv replied right away and offered to have a look at it for free. I'll probably end up sending it in, but it'll have to wait until my  business trip is over.

Can someone make sense of this though, or is there a known fix for this kind of issue? charge.png

what have you input for your watt hours? my vt200 came out to around 11.27 WH's. yours should be around the same (give or take a WH). have you tried to remove and reconnect the battery (or a hard reboot?)? reflash the newest firmware. what does device mon look like when charging? specifically the usb current voltage etc? one more question, do you get massive battery sag on any of the lipo cells, when firing the vt200, in device mon?