New member...DNA 200 for low price?

ApolloKen

Yo! New member here but have followed forums for awhile. I currently have an Alien 220w and almost pulled the trigger on a triade 250 but right before I did, I found the Lavabox DNA 200 for $99 shipped which seems like a steal so I'm not sure which route to go. I also found the triade dna 250 from a local store for $112. Which route would be the best? I purchased the Lavabox cuz it seemed like such a good deal but could return if the triade is the better deal. Which of the 2 is the best by? Can I upgrade the chip in the lavabox to a 250 later if desired? I appreciate the help, as this wI'll be my first dna mod.

Both are good options. That lavabox at 99 is a steal for sure. Here are some things to consider.

Lavabox:

Lipo battery
Smaller design (Most like lighter)
DNA200
1A charging

Triad:

3x 18650 (add this in the cost if you need to buy)
Big and heavy but good in the hand
DNA250
2A charging
High battery efficiency

That lavabox is a really good deal. However if you have the extra cash and want the latest. the triad is a good as well.

Very good points. I purchased the Lavabox in red before I posted, I just found the triade 250 for a good price after I had already purchased the Lavabox but that's how it goes. My biggest negative with the Lavabox was the lipo. I love external batteries and their convenience. I have plenty 18650s and if I did get the Triade it'd be a str8 at home device. $112.67 shipped from a neighboring state seems a great price. Only seen it close to that cheap coming from China