HCigar VT133 Battery Voltage - Mod quit working

Handyman

When I switched battery sets today, I see the HCigar VT133 logo for a split second when pressing the Fire button, then nothing. Mod not working. Holding the Fire button displays "Check Battery."

Batteries each measure 4.2v each in my charger, but Device Manager reports:
Cell1: 0 volts
Cell2: 5.22volts !!
(HG2 batteries)

I've cleaned the contacts, and tried the battery set that I just removed, with the same result (previous battery set was working fine earlier today).

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get the mod working again? Thanks!

i had the exact same problem with my therion 166 (DNA250) about 10 hours ago. cell 1 reading 0.01v and cell 2 reading 5.32v although both my batteries (also HG2's) clocked at 4.2v with a multimeter . what i did is i opened the device tampered with it and at the end i fried the board. any how what i noticed is the DNA chip is designed for 3 cells and when used with 2 battery devices they actually attach a 3 resistors between the + and - leads and the balance connector to trick the board that a 3rd battery is connected (3cell).
what happen is when you connect your usb for charging or escribing the generated heat damage those resistors. that what happened to me immediately after i connected to escribe.
and here is where evolv warranty and customer service shines. although i tampered and voided my warranty. i contacted CHAD from evolv and he agreed to replace the board free of charge.
my advise is save your self the headache and contact evolv.

all the best.

Thanks for the reply. I examined the battery sled and board for questionable solder connections, but all looked perfect. Interesting about the resistors.. I don't charge through the mod, and hadn't connected the mod to a computer in over a month.

I sent in a help desk ticket, and am waiting for a reply.

Meanwhile I'm back to using my VTC-Mini for a while.

Got the same problem on my VT133. Device was working fine, updated the mod, added some profiles, battery curve, connected it to the charger. Came back in hour or so and it was dead same way as yours. It works in power supply mode, but reads batteries pretty much same way as yours. Heres the board pics: http://imgur.com/a/8BNED . Got reply from evolv on help desk ticket, they said to sent device to them, they will diagnose and repair it. Sadly shipping is so expensive to US from me, it almost costs as getting new device. Hopefully its just a bad solder on balance wirings.