Case Analysis on DNA60 ???

KISS V.

great question, Kiss V.! i haven't yet delved into the DNA 60 case analyzer yet. my guess is evolv may work out a way to run it with the 60 board. you have to consider the DNA 60 has NO communication with the charging circuitry. the DNA 60 cannot tell the charging IC to stop or start charging, increase or decrease USB current draw. that renders case analyzer almost useless. BUT, there may be a simplified way of getting CA to work with the 60. just a simple temp rise analysis during the charge cycle.

in the meantime, pick a DNA 75 that has a similar shape and input those numbers if you want. same charging IC as the one on the satellite board for the 60.

Chunky, I have mods coming out of my ears, 75's, 200's, 250's, but no 60 yet...I prefer the 75 over all that I have played with thus far. That being said I have a couple of nice wood mods that I would like to upgrade to a DNA60 from a 40. I wouldn't say that case analysis is useless as I am mostly concerned about temperature readings, inside vs outside for more accurate temp control. I read once that case analysis was a challenge for the original vapor shark 200 because of it's own USB. So I wonder if it still isn't a possibility to record that temperature offset or if I should just allow for the "refinement" feature to work the "cold" ohms down. Since I vape Ti and it has a pronounced curve similar to that of Ni it won't affect it as much, but I do have a lot of friends who us SS and a 5-10deg difference in case temp and room temp could affect the temp nearly 60deg, no?

KISS V. said:

Chunky, I have mods coming out of my ears, 75's, 200's, 250's, but no 60 yet...I prefer the 75 over all that I have played with thus far. That being said I have a couple of nice wood mods that I would like to upgrade to a DNA60 from a 40. I wouldn't say that case analysis is useless as I am mostly concerned about temperature readings, inside vs outside for more accurate temp control. I read once that case analysis was a challenge for the original vapor shark 200 because of it's own USB. So I wonder if it still isn't a possibility to record that temperature offset or if I should just allow for the "refinement" feature to work the "cold" ohms down. Since I vape Ti and it has a pronounced curve similar to that of Ni it won't affect it as much, but I do have a lot of friends who us SS and a 5-10deg difference in case temp and room temp could affect the temp nearly 60deg, no?

LOL i think i misunderstood your question and YOU misunderstood my answer. no problem tho, i'll re-explain.

you worded your question in such a way that hinted to you having a 60 and i thought you were wondering how to run CA. so far, there is no way to run the CA program with the 60, as of yet. i agree FULLY, CA is very useful for TC. re-read my original response. albeit it is somewhat technical but i think still understandable.