DNA100C weak puffs

My DNA100C has an 18650 Samsung 20S (30 amp) at 90% charge here. I don't have any Kanthal or Nichrome heavy enough to get really low resistance so I used some dual core SS 316 Claptons in dual coil configuration.

Both firings was with the screen timed out (off)

Black Dual Claptons.JPG

And 2nd fire black screen.JPG

• Like 1

@Joshua12345 Any news for us? 

Did you open a support ticket, and what did they say?

You gonna post the 'get info' results like @James requested?

For clarity of details, here are instructions for screenshots/snips.

The Print Screen button on your keyboard can take a screenshot and save it as a file OR use the 'Snipping Tool'
How to Take a Screenshot in Microsoft Windows - https://bit.ly/3bjmx6m

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I'm having the same issue with a 100C Lost Vape Hyperion. Sub ohm tank with 0.16 ohm coil and fully charged Molicel P42A.

When the screen has turned off the first hit is weak. If I click the fire button first to turn the screen on it hits fine.

Seems to have started doing it after I connected to escribe and installed the latest service pack on it so maybe a service pack issue? I can’t remember it happening before I updated the service pack.

Here are two photos from device manager, the first firing from the screen turned off and the second after clicking the fire button first to turn the screen on.

Also, is there a place i can download the previous service pack from? In escribe\tools\apply service pack it only comes up with the current one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

hyperion.png

hyperion2.png

Edited by Psyentist

Thanks for the replies @Wayneo, much appreciated.

I did actually change the theme when I connected to escribe. But it’s one I did myself that is basically the stock theme with a black background and a different logo on the lock screen instead of the evolv one. I run it on a couple of my DNA250C devices without issue.

I will try changing that back to stock as well to see if that fixes my issue and I’ll report back.

Cheers.

You might wanna do a restore defaults first, which will put the default evolv one back on it, and see if the problem disappears. I can only ever vouch for the evolv default seeing as how there are so many different themes.

Did it come with the stock default Evolv?

Very strange, I haven’t changed anything and have been using it all day today and have not had the issue once. It was happening every time yesterday. The only difference I can think of is that the battery has been below 70%.

I’ll see how I go over the next few days with fresh batteries and report back.

On 08.08.2021 at 01:25, Wayneo said:

Я могу поручиться только за стандартную настройку evolv, поскольку существует так много разных тем.

Я более чем уверен, что не существует настройки, которая может отвечать за подобный баг. Это скорее проблема оборудования мод+батарея+атомизатор. Возможно не проводился анализ корпуса и анализ батарей. Возможно это ньюанс доски при выходе из гибернации ( отсутствие нажатий при разблокировке, ИМХО)

печать.jpg

@WayneoI’ll get a chance to play around with escribe on the weekend mate. Bit busy with work during the week.

I did try another new battery and the same thing happened, had the problem while the battery was fresh and once it dropped below 60% it seemed fine.

Edited by Psyentist
  • Like 1

On 10.08.2021 at 20:56, Psyentist said:

попробовал еще одну новую батарею, и произошло то же самое, возникла проблема, когда батарея была свежей, и когда она опустилась ниже 60%, все казалось нормальным.

Возможно в прошивке установлено ограничения по току батареи.

Возможно нужно установить большее значение тока в Escribe?

Возможно само программное обеспечение ограничивает мощность затяжек (ИМХО).

МОЖЕТ У КОГО-ТО  ЕСТЬ DATASHIT на прошивку?

печать.jpg

• Wayneo changed the title to DNA100C weak puffs
On 8/12/2021 at 5:40 AM, zark said:

Возможно в прошивке установлено ограничения по току батареи.

Возможно нужно установить большее значение тока в Escribe?

Возможно само программное обеспечение ограничивает мощность затяжек (ИМХО).

МОЖЕТ У КОГО-ТО  ЕСТЬ DATASHIT на прошивку?

печать.jpg

I did notice in escribe that the battery profile was set to 18650. I am using a 21700 but there was no option other than 18650 in escribe. I thought that the voltage and current would be the same anyway so wouldn’t make much difference.

After going through a couple more batteries I think my battery level theory is wrong, it was just a coincidence. My last battery was having weak puffs at low battery levels and my latest one is working well occasionally at high battery levels. Still having intermittent problems though.

Should get a chance to play around with escribe tomorrow and reset to default to see if that fixes the issue.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in posting this, seems the forum was down over the weekend.

So I went into escribe and reset the mod to default/factory settings. This seemed to solve the weak puff issue. Then I went back to escribe and edited the theme. All I changed was the wattage increments to one with no decimal places and I deleted the date and time from the lock screen and changed the picture from the evolv logo to one of my own. I also deleted the black to blue fade background of the default theme so it was just black.

With this edited theme the problems returned so I reset everything to default again. I ran it in default for a few days and had no problems whatsoever. Then yesterday I noticed the screen was really bright so I went into the settings on the mod and turned the screen brightness down to the lowest setting. Problems returned instantly. 

So I’m not sure if it’s a theme issue or a brightness issue. I can’t remember if I turned the brightness down when I edited the theme on the weekend, I don’t think I did though. I’ll try again next weekend with the edited theme and full screen brightness.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a new Lost Vape Hyperion since last week and this is my first DNA mod. I have the same problem as Psyentist and multiple users in this treath. With the screen out of the first draw 
not at full power, the second draw is fine. I also noticed that if the batery life came below 55% to 60% the problem was gone. Like Psyentist, I also had my brightness set to 1 or 2. After reading his post I have my brightness back to full and as it stands now the problem has been solved. 

Now I have a bright screen which I don't really like. As far as I know, there must be a stealth mode on the DNA, which solves the bright screen, but I don't get it turned on. At least I don't know how to turn it on.

But I'm happy with my new mod doing an excellent job in TC mode. For this i had multiple Asmodus, multiple Squid industries detonator and a Yihi SL Class that I have not gotten to work properly till today, this is new in the cabinet.

I hope that I will experience more fun with this high end mod than with the YiHI.

Edited by AngeloS
type fout
  • Like 1

@Psyentist Thanks for that writeup 
Here's my opinion. Should you ever start suffering those weak puffs again, you should follow these steps. 
Go into escribe -> file -> save, which will create a .ecig file. Name and save it where you can find it again.
Open an RMA and send a link to this post as well. Let them know you have a .ecig file

Now at SP45 I, like you, did encounter these exact issues (5 weak puffs after a quick theme change and a few minor changes) but at an earlier SP. Unfortunately, I fixed mine and 14K puffs later I have never encountered another weak puff. I'm a forefinger guy so no idea if the screen was on or off.

I also think it could take a couple days before this (weak puffs) starts showing up. Like when you thought it was a low battery issue, only to then having it happen with a full battery. Now a brightness possibility.

Setting the lowest brightness on mine has no effect (just tried 10 puffs with a blank screen followed by a screen 'on')

@AngeloS same question as before. Did it come with the stock default Evolv theme, and have you touched it at all?

This is certainly not a vendor/mod mfgr. specific issue.

Wayneo. Yes it is the stock theme.

I don't know enough about DNA yet to change or adapt the theme.

After Psyentist's tip I've been playing with the brightnes and I've now got it

half way and haven't had the problem again.

Edited by AngeloS
  • Like 1