Lost Vape Centaurus Resistance Reading Issues

Enigma

When your coil drops below "cold" by 20 to 30% (as you said earlier) do you get a message to select either "new" or "old" coil?  

In all my years (over 10 and numerous DNA's) I've not seen what you are experiencing.  I use SS316L Notch coils and have for years with no issues in TC or Replay.  

When you change atty's, as you just did, are the device and the atty both cold, or did you just take off an atty being used and put on another?

24 minutes ago, retird said:

When your coil drops below "cold" by 20 to 30% (as you said earlier) do you get a message to select either "new" or "old" coil?  

In all my years (over 10 and numerous DNA's) I've not seen what you are experiencing.  I use SS316L Notch coils and have for years with no issues in TC or Replay.  

When you change atty's, as you just did, are the device and the atty both cold, or did you just take off an atty being used and put on another?

Sometimes if I forget to measure the resistance manually it will assume I have a new coil and ask to use new value. As for a cold mod, that never happens, mods kinda in my hand all the time. In most cases one RTA is finished, so I remove it, add a new cold RTA, read the resistance and keep going. 

OK,  When using TC or Replay you need to start with both the device and the atty at the same temperature (normally called room temperature).  

If you want you can build a new single wire SS316L spaced coil, wick it and fill tank.  Set it aside.  Set the device to TC, 425F with preheat at 5 and no punch and let the device set. Let device and atty rest until both are at the same ambient temperature.  Screw on the atty. Fire and select new coil.  Don't lock the coil ohms.  See if this helps.

7 minutes ago, retird said:

OK,  When using TC or Replay you need to start with both the device and the atty at the same temperature (normally called room temperature).  

If you want you can build a new single wire SS316L spaced coil, wick it and fill tank.  Set it aside.  Set the device to TC, 425F with preheat at 5 and no punch and let the device set. Let device and atty rest until both are at the same ambient temperature.  Screw on the atty. Fire and select new coil.  Don't lock the coil ohms.  See if this helps.

And for that reason alone brings me back to why I'll just continue with wattage, I'm a chainer with one mod, so waiting 30 mins till there both happy won't happen. 

Still even if the device was cold as well as the RTA this shouldn't have any effect on electricity passing enough metal to read resistance. 

The main thing is to do what works for you.  I use the same tank on the device and just refill it.  No need to wait for cooling.  I have other devices and each has its own tank. No need to swap tanks.  

The DNA has very complicated firmware that measures many things at once in order to control the temperature in TC and Replay mode. It's more than just measuring resistance.  Using just wattage is pretty simple.  

In EScribe the Device Monitor is your friend and can help you diagnose and fine tune.

If you want to perform the task I posted it should show that the resistance will not go lower than first cold reading.  Bottom line is do-what-floats-your boat.  As long as you are happy that's all that matters...

Will be away from the forum for some time but will check back later on.  Others are also trying to assist you here....