Battery balance tap question on Para-series

I am doing my second 250c with quad 21700's, I want to install them in Para-series. Looking at the 4s wiring diagram 1 & 3 go to the bottom side of the battery sleds, 4 goes to positive (+) output, and G goes to negative(-) output. How would 2 be wired in?

Thanks in advance

Para-series - 2 sets of 2 batteries, each set wired in parallel, then each parallel pair wired serially. So you're effectively only presenting 2 batteries to the board. Just wondering why you'd wanna do that? Why cripple the board with 2S limitations?

You should use the 2S diagram. 

• Like 1

Series V,mAh,I + V,mAh,I = 2V,mAh,I

Parallel 2V,mAh,I + 2V,mAh,I = 2V,2mAh,2I

But then a few things come up that might pose a problem,  one is that 2I is above the recommended max input current and the other is that the onboard charger not seeing the correct number of cells

Evolv's Data sheet shows 4 cell wiring and pinout for 400 Watt DNA250C....  https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf

To me the 4-cell wiring gives 16.8 volts input between battery + and battery - on the board.   Connections G,1,2,3,4 are for cell voltage monitoring.  At least that's my understanding.  

Looks like the data sheet shows the MAX input current is 30A with Peak at 32A.  

The data sheet also says: The DNA 250C runs on two, three, or four series voltage from lithium polymer or lithium ion batteries, and features battery monitoring and an integrated 2A charger.

• Like 2

Using either setup both will have the same mAh. 

Series configuration you're getting a full 16.8V in, 10V output, 400 watts on tap, easier on all your batteries, and a working balance charger
Para series max 8.4V in, max 8.4V output, 200 watts tops

• Like 2

The charger will see each pair of parallel cells as one battery each. No matter how many amps the supply is the board will never draw more than 30/35 amps.

(And therefore never output more than 65/70 amps)

• Like 1