Orion Go upgrade to Orion Plus

fwa

Here is Evolv's site showing the version they have for download....  https://www.evolvapor.com/escribe

And here is another thread here showing recommended version and an early service pack should you want to try it...   

No I have not installed the version you post  which may update the Orion to Plus version.... It looks like Lost Vape is using it....

Hey guys.  First time posting. Been vaping on the PSO Edition Orion since it came out and saw this post. Took the jump on the firmware. Lost Vapes instructions are pretty straightforward. Took less than 10 mins from start to finish. One of the main things it did was 5 preprogrammed profiles to the DL and MTL settings. Also it added another tab specifically for the 1.0 ohm pod with 3 preprogrammed settings. I don’t know if it allows for replay on those pods since I don’t have any 1.0 ohm pods. And lastly I don’t know if this is new but maybe I never es noticed but when charging, the charging light changes from like blue to blue green until it’s 100%. That’s what I’ve notice so far. The MTL are my own settings the others are the defaults from Lost Vape after the update

E3CC0F4B-3BAD-4174-8825-3913E8126D61.jpeg

869D2F1E-3FF9-4661-9D8B-567F01162674.jpeg

7661E163-2682-4427-97D5-CD5FFD8CC7E3.jpeg

So quick update after a few days. This update is pretty great. Maybe it’s a placebo effect but I feel that each drawl not in replay seems more consistent. Like when before one draw to the next felt pretty different. With the update they feel more closer to each other. I’m getting a lot of vapor production and really good flavor with the .5 ohm coil. Again maybe placebo but feels like the consistent drawl not in replay produced more vapor on my same juice. Overall a really good update and would recommend to anyone. Not gonna lie, I’m still gonna but the Orion Plus model when it comes out cause that black stabwood model looks amazing but at least until then this will hold me off

2 hours ago, srbonet@gmail.com said:

Hi, where's the download link?

i would like to try it.

THKX

https://lostvape.com/upgrade-software/

it’s straight from lost Vapes website. The only thing I notice on the instruction was that once the update completes, reset the device to defaults for it to reflect on escribe then you can customize your presets 

• Like 2

it’s straight from lost Vapes website. The only thing I notice on the instruction was that once the update completes, reset the device to defaults for it to reflect on escribe then you can customize your presets 

•  

Thank you friend,

I will try it & I appreciate your help.

I 'll be back very soon with the feedback.

Regards. 

Edited by srbonet@gmail.com

Installed the update and when I open eScribe it says Orion Plus and gave me the 5 factory presets for DL and MTL but did not give me a 3rd tab for 1.0.  Is there something I need to do that will fix this?  I am on a Mac and wasn't able to update to the version of eScribe shown on Lost Vape's instructions for the update (running Ver 2.0 SP19 which is all I could find for MacOs), would this affect it?

5 hours ago, Mike91 said:

Installed the update and when I open eScribe it says Orion Plus and gave me the 5 factory presets for DL and MTL but did not give me a 3rd tab for 1.0.  Is there something I need to do that will fix this?  I am on a Mac and wasn't able to update to the version of eScribe shown on Lost Vape's instructions for the update (running Ver 2.0 SP19 which is all I could find for MacOs), would this affect it?

You might look under the mod tab and see if 1.0 is enabled....

Untitled.thumb.png.b53c0647e7cf4144f4d2ca61eafe38ec.png

The instructions say:   Make sure the software installed is the V2.0 SP20

If you still need help see the last page of the instructions for further help..  

INSTRUCTION-UPGRADE SOFTWARE-ORION DNA GO.pdf

On 8/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, Rev Vapes said:

Thanks for the link!

Tried it on one of my Orions and the upgrade was successful!

I think you're right - it does feel like it hits more consistently and smoother. I'm using one of those IQS mesh pods (The Pod) on it and it kinda sucked before the upgrade. Now it's hitting much better!

Can't wait until Lost Vape releases their own new mesh pods!

On 8/23/2019 at 11:58 PM, Mike91 said:

I'm having the same issue, I was successfully able to upgrade to the Orion Plus firmware but I am not seeing the option to enable the `1.0` settings under the `mod` tab.

@Wayneo , I saw someone post a mac pkg for the Suite 2.0 SP20, but the link is dead. Could you please reupload and share? Thank you!

Last page of instructions:

If you have any problems while upgrade?
Send an email to info@lostvape.com with the heading “Upgrade Problem” and
we’ll get back to you in three work days.

Thinkin' lots of folks can benefit if Lost Vapes will include Mac version in their install procedure...😉

Did a bit of checking  from a very reliable source :

The upgrade can only operate on windows system. MAC computer can not operate it.  Correction:  Early Release version..... found in this forum...

Maybe you can find a Windows computer to update you mod....

1 minute ago, retird said:

Did a bit of checking  from a very reliable source :

The upgrade can only operate on windows system. MAC computer can not operate it.   

Maybe you can find a Windows computer to update you mod....

Figured as much.  Thanks for the confirmation 

I was able to update to the Orion Plus settings using a Mac, however, the third tab is missing. I also wasn't able to get service pack 20, but have sp19

I wish people would stop leaving apple os out of the picture, its a common os now a days ffs

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 10.50.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 10.58.34 AM.png

Edited by TimmyW

Your update was not successful (no 3rd tab) as you didn't fulfill the requirement of using the proper EScribe version.  

From Lost Vapes instructions:

GET YOUR ORION PLUS IN 12 STEPS, 5 MINUTES

(*Only compatible with Windows System)

Please take down the pod before the upgrade.

Thanks. My Orion has the 5 settings for both the DL and MTL along with the colors that are linked to said settings. 

I guess it will have to do for now, as I already ordered the new pod and coils.  

Need to find a windows machine as it’s stupid to buy one for an update lol

I used the escribe 2.0sp19. There was no tab for the 1.0ohm available. 

When I went looking for the firmware, I searched manually to get the file needed for the plus. I posted screenshots in my previous post. I am not a computer geek or guru. But it looks like I manage to get the settings to use the new pod system, but unable to add the 1ohm Q pods. So my guess would be I have full plus control minus the Q pod setting? 

TimmyW and all..... I must be out to lunch today and apologize to all  .....  forget all my other posts (deleted them or updated them)......  the Update requires 2.0 SP 20......  My old mind had SP19 in my head...... so Lost Vapes says the update only works with Windows.....

Checked my notes:

I wrote this to Lost Vapes on August 29:

When installing the Orion Plus Upgrade on a Orion it will not complete properly when installing from a MAC computer.  EScribe Ver 2.0 SP20 is not included in your install files for a MAC computer.
Please update your install procedure to also  include the MAC version of  Ver 2.0 SP20.
Please e-mail me your answer within 3 days as you state in your instructions.
Thanks.....

They replied on the same day:
The upgrade can only operate on windows system. MAC computer can not operate it.
Could you find a windows computer?
Best regards,
Chloe
  • Like 1

Well I cheated. I did Windows Parallel on the wife’s computer for a 15 day trail period. I am up and running the proper firmware and software updates. I even unchecked the third tab to low the 1.0 ohm pods. 

Might have to invest in Windows Parallel and keep it on the wife’s computer. 

4 minutes ago, TimmyW said:

Well I cheated. I did Windows Parallel on the wife’s computer for a 15 day trail period. I am up and running the proper firmware and software updates. I even unchecked the third tab to low the 1.0 ohm pods. 

Might have to invest in Windows Parallel and keep it on the wife’s computer. 

So you are good now?   

I haven't tried the 1.0 ohm pod yet but will when one of my pods wears out....  looking to order the new Plus Pods with replacement coils also.....