Nifethal 52 and 250c

Drughugs

I’ve recently purchased nife48 from zivipf.de, which, as I understand it, is listed on SE as Nifethal 52. So I acquired the aforementioned .csv, wrapped a set of 8/7 wrap 3mmID contact coils out of 26ga (0.40mm) and installed them in a Creed RTA. Everything worked great! Loved it. Fast forward a bit, I’m recoiling the creed, same kind of wire, wraps, everything, and when I fire it up, it blasts me with the hottest vapor I’ve ever gotten off a round wire build. Puff info says 136 watts, and that it didn’t reach 450f (my nearly burned tongue says otherwise) 

I really have searched everywhere, to no avail,  for information regarding this. So, this is my first post on any forum! Lurker no more! 

I guess at this point I should mention the fused claptons made of the same material, spaced wraps, are doing the same thing. I’ve made fused claptons from nifethal with ss316l cladding before, and the custom csv I got from wire wizard worked fine for those. I figured having nifethal 52 cladding with a nifethal 52 core would be more accurate, using the nifethal 52 csv from SE. Same problem, 100+ Watts and it says it was only like 300f.

Just tried the spaced 26g build, seemed to be working before I wicked, now it’s a vapeable temperature but still seems way too warm . Could the csv somehow have corrupted?

On 6/17/2019 at 7:50 AM, Drughugs said:

Puff info says 136 watts, and that it didn’t reach 450f (my nearly burned tongue says otherwise) 

I assume you're using it in TC mode based on the above?

What are the settings in the profile for Power/watts, and preheat? (Printscreen of the Profile works)

Did you read the coil resistance when cooled to ambient temperature?

13 hours ago, Drughugs said:

Could the csv somehow have corrupted?

Post the csv or a Printscreen of it from the material tab, but I've never heard of a corrupt csv.

any idea where I could find good information about claptons and TC?  I generated a custom .csv for the aforementioned nife48/ss316l clapton, but looking now, the values seem to be identical to the plain jane, exclusively nife .csv. 

*sigh* even after three months of perusing this forum and others, im still coming up with more questions than answers.

Here are screen shots. I appreciate your help.

forum1.png

forum2.png

Thanks greatly for those.

1 hour ago, Drughugs said:

any idea where I could find good information about claptons and TC?  I generated a custom .csv for the aforementioned nife48/ss316l clapton, but looking now, the values seem to be identical to the plain jane, exclusively nife .csv. 

You can't find anything, because there's nothing really to find. TC (or material type) doesn't care about coil ID, or number of wraps. Just the material. The numbers are identical because the wraps are pretty much just along 'for the ride'.

The material file (values) looks fine.

Your profile numbers are all backwards. 

Quick answer: Swap the 75 and 200 watts. Upload to device.

Longer answer: 'Settings -> Power is the HARD MAXIMUM you want the mod to use, Ever. So if your TC is wonky, or not the right something, you won't get 136 watts blasting your lips.  'Preheat -> Power is the maximum you want the mod to use while it is getting your coil up to the temp you've set. Punch says how close to the set temp it gets before ENDING the Preheat values. The higher the value for Punch (max 11) the closer it goes to your set value. 

SO, you should always set your preheat value higher than the power value. BTW, I hope you can vape that atty at 75 watts comfortably.

If you now post a Printscreen from Device Monitor while taking a puff, we can try to decipher more. (Tick/check the cold ohm/live ohm (2) and power boxes (2). 

• Like 2

I was hoping Wayne would show up this morning.

I put a coil of Zivipf NiFe48 in a RBA, it's 2 strands of tightly twisted 26 gauge. Included here is the correct CSV for temp coefficient of NiFe48. 48 and 52  are close but not the same.

The snip is of using setting for both 48 and 52,  48 is  on the far left and far right, forget the center ones.

What I was wanting to see was the increase in resistance when heated, note it darn near doubles. 

Preheat is set to 75 watts.

NiFe48.csv

NiFe 48 and 52.JPG

The material that i'm using is listed as nife48 on zivipf.de, but as I understand it, I should be using the Alloy 52 csv because it is actually Sandvik's Nifethal 52.  I think some of my problems come from being too low in resistance. I made a framed staple entirely of zivipf nife48, it was something lik 0.065ohm, and i  had the same problem.

Is the graph using only the csv you attached?

@Drughugs Can you describe the coil that's in there now, and If you use Atomizer Analyzer (bottom of the profile page), is the resistance value relatively stable. One last thing, you might want to move the Punch value up to 11 and retry if it all looks good. Like @dwcraig1 mentioned, your coil resistance should almost be double the cold ohm value. No, I don't think the build is too low.

So, just checking. You're saying your cold/ambient coil which reads 0.077 ohms, fluctuates +/- 0.03, which would put it at .107 ohms high in AA, just sitting there?

On the other hand, that second puff in the second pic actually hit temp, but it was a brief puff. 

Did it seem too hot? Now that you're back to dual coils with more mass, you do need more watts, but something just feels off to me.

How many watts can you use without TC with that coil (safely that you like)  <- You can just leave the temp as is and turn down preheat to say your 80, and slowly just increase the Power (watts) while staying in this profile. 

The resistance changed while unscrewing the atomizer, i kinda just did what the window said. I can use it comfortably at 80 watts for a couple seconds. Im wondering if it could have anything to do with room temp, my environment varies quite a bit througout the day

Shoot, didnt notice your reply regarding the  difference between 52 and 48. Ill try the csv you uploaded. Does it matter that it only has three points?

Which material would I use on wire wizard?

PS

Just tried your .csv, seems to be working! 

Any tips on why my ss430 alien build isnt working? Similar problem; although maybe I should post in another thread. 

Thanks a bunch! Y'all are wizards.

YAAAAS.PNG

Edited by Drughugs
post script