Dna 75c - Not any more?

El_Kapitan

Hello,

I am a happy owner of two dna powered mods, naming a dna 75c and another dna 250c. The dna75c mod is a single battery one which is pretty good for mtl use.

As my dna75c mod has close to 200.000 puffs now and started to wear out, I decided to buy a new dna 75c mod.  What I noticed is, there are NO serial production mods which comes with Dna 75c anymore. None! There are some squonkers but thats not what I'm looking for.  There are one-of-a-kind stabwood etc mods which are super expensive and out of my reach.

What happened to major manufacturers such as Lost Vape, Hcigar, Sbody etc. Why don't they make and sell single battery Dna75c devices any more? Will the chip be replaced by an upgrade or something? 

Any thoughts?

Skar is equipped with the older, non-color dna version.  Protovapor's XPV -while still being on a modder's semi-custom made side- might be the only way. 

However, it doesn't change the fact that major mod companies who are known for using evolv chipsets in their mods do not produce dna75c powered mods any more. Why is that?

I've been on what seems like an endless search to find a single-2x700 DNA75C non-squonk box mod. Now that the Lost Vape Mirage is discontinued, I'm convinced that no one is making them right now apart from Rebel Vapes in the UK, but that price ... I had to go with a Yihi, which works well but isn't as smooth as a DNA.

1 hour ago, SmokeyX said:

I've been on what seems like an endless search to find a single-2x700 DNA75C non-squonk box mod. Now that the Lost Vape Mirage is discontinued, I'm convinced that no one is making them right now apart from Rebel Vapes in the UK, but that price ... I had to go with a Yihi, which works well but isn't as smooth as a DNA.

There is Vicious Ant Primo if you are willing to spend your fortune :) Apart from that, I'm stuck with the same problem as yours. Can't figure out why none of the modders  use this wonderful chip and make small yet good modes. 

Did you go for the SL Class?

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2019 at 5:57 AM, SmokeyX said:

you can use a 75c squonk with a regular tank just like you would on a non-squonk mod. grab a 75c squonk as they are still readily available. if you are having a hard time finding one I know of a facebook group that makes 3d printed mods with custom panels available for a reasonable price. (I'm fixed income so reasonable is affordable but yes over $100).

• 1 month later...

i was having the same prob but i ended up getting the hcigar vt75c for 69.99 online. it uses a 26650 not 2x700 so u dont get quite the amps but i got a decent 26650 cell recommended by mooch n get great performance in a surprisingly small package. plus the price was right...although maybe it was so cheap cuz it got discontinued?

I went thru this also it's a shame you cant find a single battery 75c that's at a decent price point  and compact one other than the rebel which was more than I was willing to spend . I searched for a while for one to replace my SX Mini  SL as it's too heavy for me to carry around. My use is MTL so I went a step backwards and purchased a 75 with single 18650 from Jac vapour. I'm presently surprised with the batter life and performace with this mod. 

On 6/14/2019 at 6:07 AM, blazeruptonomy said:

i was having the same prob but i ended up getting the hcigar vt75c for 69.99 online. it uses a 26650 not 2x700 so u dont get quite the amps but i got a decent 26650 cell recommended by mooch n get great performance in a surprisingly small package. plus the price was right...although maybe it was so cheap cuz it got discontinued?

I own one for more than a year now. It is around 200.000 puffs :) Still going strong. One of the best price/ performance product with DNA75C produced so far.

• Like 1

@el_kapitan. Yea ive had mine for about a year now as well and it's is still running great as well. The fake leather looking panels came unglued but i honestly think it looks better w out them. The only other minor issue i get intermittently is the weak battery pop up but its rare. Other than that i no longer ever even look 4 single battery mods cuz owning the vt75c makes everything else seem like a down grade. 

Strangers Mods produces some of the finest DNA 75C mods on the planet. Yes, depending on the options you choose, they are super expensive. Mine was $900 to my door. They also have Titanium models running as high as $3400.   I just received a Minuta21 USA Version #000 today. Gorgeous! It uses a single 21700 battery. Strangers Mods can be found here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/970881666321031/

Strangers Mods Minuta21 USA Edition #000.jpg

@Yellowhorse enjoy your mod. Unfortunately I am not that rich and as I told in my initial message,  I am looking for serial production mods. Not for one-of-a-kind, Italian modder's $900 pieces.  I even cannot speak about $3400 mods.

I got myself a second hand mirage as a replacement. Handles 21700 and about $75. Doesn't look as good as yous but does the same job at the end of the day.  :)

Edited by El_Kapitan

I was responding to your comment of nobody making single cell DNA 75C anymore . Obviously, several companies are making them. Had you looked, you would have seen several models from Strangers Mods that meet your requirements and  that most  are not "one of a kind" custom models.  For the record, the mod I showed you is not a "one of a kind" either.  That said, I did see your "super expensive" comment but you mentioned no price cap and no dollar figure on what you consider to be "super expensive".  The $3400 customs from Strangers Mods? Yeah, THEY are super expensive.

Best of luck on finding what you are looking for. Consider a dual battery DNA 75C.  Lots of them around from companies like Lost Vape that are priced at about $100. :thumb:

7 hours ago, jinx'd said:

I think Evolv is coming out with  new chips. and they are letting current stock run low, and/or, are still in development and/or production.

probably all of the above.

IMG_3602.JPG

I don't think that they are producing a new family of chipsets. Dna color series are not old and still the best chipset family offered in the market. 

I heard rumors that Evolv invested in Lost Vape's Dna section but never confirmed.  What I think is they are not selling the chips to mass producers anymore. Thy only sell to modders who manufacture a few at a time. 

I think that they will be coming out with their own serial produced mods - high quality as Lost Vape and not heavily priced, but WHEN is the biggest question. 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:28 PM, Yellowhorse said:

Best of luck on finding what you are looking for. Consider a dual battery DNA 75C.  Lots of them around from companies like Lost Vape that are priced at about $100.

But the point is that's incorrect which is the issue, if i find any 75c device for around the £100 price point it always says the same "out of stock" which actually means will never be in stock again as all the 75c devices from the likes of Lost Vape, HCigar, Think Vape etc have long been discontinued!

19 minutes ago, TimWiseman9000 said:

But the point is that's incorrect which is the issue, if i find any 75c device for around the £100 price point it always says the same "out of stock" which actually means will never be in stock again as all the 75c devices from the likes of Lost Vape, HCigar, Think Vape etc have long been discontinued!

You aren't looking in the right places or not looking hard enough. I found one in 1 minute here: https://www.evcigarettes.com/therion-dna75c-mod-by-lost-vape/

Apparently, your unrealistic price limit of 100 Euros is the real problem. They are available at quite a few places. Save up your money.

6 minutes ago, Yellowhorse said:

Apparently, your unrealistic price limit of 100 Euros is the real problem. They are available at quite a few places. Save up your money

It was you who stated there are lots around at $100 ((£80) that's Pounds Stirling not euros but ignorance is free unfortunately) i simply said their wasn't and you just proofed that point. showed one place (not plenty) at way over your (not mine) $100.  Thanks! 

34 minutes ago, TimWiseman9000 said:

It was you who stated there are lots around at $100 ((£80) that's Pounds Stirling not euros but ignorance is free unfortunately) i simply said their wasn't and you just proofed that point. showed one place (not plenty) at way over your (not mine) $100.  Thanks! 

Interesting to be called "ignorant" by someone that spells 'proved'  with an F and has the grammar skills of a child. Re-read what you just wrote. You should be embarrassed.  Excuse me for not knowing every denomination of English currency. I provided only one link because you should do your own homework/searching.  Don't like the link I posted? Find your own. Vape safe. 🙄

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:26 AM, El_Kapitan said:

I don't think that they are producing a new family of chipsets. Dna color series are not old and still the best chipset family offered in the market. 

I heard rumors that Evolv invested in Lost Vape's Dna section but never confirmed.  What I think is they are not selling the chips to mass producers anymore. Thy only sell to modders who manufacture a few at a time. 

I think that they will be coming out with their own serial produced mods - high quality as Lost Vape and not heavily priced, but WHEN is the biggest question. 

perhaps not a new "chip". but perhaps a larger screen chip, which would be GREAT! after all, this screen is pretty small by todays standards. 

no, it's not "old", 2 years I think ? 

as a business, they should sell to just about anyone that wants them. 

that would be great, maybe. 

Edited by jinx'd

The OP is 100% correct. No selection of inexpensive SINGLE battery, NON squonk mods with the DNA75c chipset. I bought the Mirage (love the single 21700 bats),  when it first came out, fairly long time ago now, and started googling for other brands, with similar specs, I waited a few months, kept checking weekly, then monthly, and eventually I’ve given up.  I lost count of all the Chinese DNA75 (non-color) mods I own. I realize the color version of just the board is more expensive, but it sure seems odd to me that they  are so scarce. So, it was either the cost, or little demand for ones like the Mirage, or as some have speculated, Evolve has a different policy compared to the original 75 chip. I don’t know, and stopped caring, in the end it actually helped me stop buying more mods,  as I know what I liked, and don’t see anything inexpensive to match. Saving money is good, I’m certainly not short on mods. If you have the budget for high end mods, that’s great, but not the point the OP was making. I asked a similar question probably over a year ago, here someplace, as I was curious why there were so few choices, like there was for single 18650 mods. Oh well, enjoy what you have!

Edited by mactavish
  • Like 1