Replay Mode Help

AnthonyTX

Look at my recent posts, some have said lock, some have said not to. And I was wrong I thought some of the replys im mentioning were mods.

Im now using mrbottomfeeders latest theme so I can easily see all info. So would you guys (mods on this thread) recommend not locking temp sensing coils, but just installing them at room temp, and let the 250c chip take care of things? And in your experience how much would a coil have to "drift" ohms to lock it? I am using ti temp control. Thanks and my apologies for the one heated reply I had.

13 minutes ago, zark said:

All modes that have a TC mode must have a resistance lock. But in some models, manufacturers do not ask to lock the resistanc, because this is done automatically when installing a new atomizer (did you see the question —  new atomizer? Yes / No). When you confirm a new atomizer, the mod remembers and locks cold resistance.

печать.PNG

Would you agree @Wayneo, and if say I installed a new atty and the triade asks "new atomizer" and I select yes, does that "lock" the resistance? " As stated above.  Or is that just normal conditions ie: the dna chip is taking care of all the live measurements and the atty is not actually locked?

Thanks

8 минут назад, Wayneo сказал:

ust to clear up a bit of confusion, whenever I've typed "mods" I'm referring to the volunteers in this forum, and nothing else as we really only discuss DNAs here.

Sorry, I have some translation difficulties.

печать.PNG

32 minutes ago, zark said:

All modes that have a TC mode must have a resistance lock. But in some models, manufacturers do not ask to lock the resistanc, because this is done automatically when installing a new atomizer (did you see the question —  new atomizer? Yes / No). When you confirm a new atomizer, the mod remembers and locks cold resistance.

печать.PNG

@zark:

Please do not confuse the people you try to help by using words that have a different meaning.

When you say "lock" then Adam_Aves thinks you refer to the "lock ohm" function.

When the atomizer asks "new atomizer yes/no" and you say "yes", then the atomizer sets the new ohm value as the reference/base line for the calculation (when you set it at room temperature without heating it up before).

But this is not "locking" the ohms. Its more like a reset of the baseline so the curve the DNA chip works with (material csv) has a reference point, from which the atomizer can calculate the temperature (as certain materials have a specific curve when heating up).

@Adam_Aves:

Please do NOT lock your ohms by default when using TC mode. ONLY when the display/escribe shows that your ohm value is not stable.

Stable in this regard means it does not change the value. Of course it will change slightly when the room temperature changes (for example when you go out in winter, because then the "room temperature" is not 20°C but 5°C.

Not stable/fluctuating means when it is changing constantly without reason (for example when you screw it onto the mod and it reads 0.5 ohms, 10 minutes later it shows 0.55 ohms and another 10 minutes later it shows 4.5 ohms (without vaping between of course). The time is just an exanple, it could also be in shorter intervals of course. THEN you can lock the ohm setting so the mod has again a fixed reference point to work with.

Is this answering all open questions ?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 минуту назад, Lanzarotechris сказал:

Please do not confuse the people you try to help by using words that have a different meaning.

I have already said that I do not know English, I did not correctly understand the meaning of many concepts on the forum. But in your comments, I see that you do not fully possess information about TC mode.

P. S.

When I say "lock", then I refer to the "lock ohm" function.

печать.PNG

1 hour ago, zark said:

We learn this in school. These are the basic principles of Ohm's laws ...Look here, but it's hard for me to judge the quality of this information, because I don't know English

печать.PNG

I checked the article and it indeed says

"Check that the resistance is reading accurately and lock the resistance (typically by pressing the +/- buttons)."

Which is stupid I think.

Well, we can now discuss the quality of this reference, or we can agree that for example there is no reference to that action in any DNA manual, or any vodeo/article I read about TC in the last 1,5 years.

The only firmware I know of that locks ohms "by default" is ArcticFox, but only when you set the ohms manually.

Maybe some devices will work better with it, I don't know, but as we talk here about DNA devices let me ashure you that there is no need to "lock" the ohms (except when they are not stable).

Reason is that when you use TC mode, the mod knows that the material will change the resistance (and can calculate the temperature correctly when you have choosen the correct material).

And because when you are asked "new atomizer yes/no" the mod will use this value as a reference point for all calculations.

Can we agree on that ?

PS: It's nice if you like to help people here, but when you say your english is not good, then you know that can be difficult, right ?

BTW: What is you native language ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zark said:

I have already said that I do not know English, I did not correctly understand the meaning of many concepts on the forum. But in your comments, I see that you do not fully possess information about TC mode.

P. S.

When I say "lock", then I refer to the "lock ohm" function.

печать.PNG

The only concept here is that we all try to help other vapers, and that the advice we give is solid and correct. That means you should be able to give one or more reference to your advice in case someone disagrees (like I did).

And if you think I don't know what I am talking about regarding TC you are wrong (again).

I could ask now why you think that my knowledge about TC is wrong/not complete, but I think you wasted already lots of my time. So I don't ask.

But please stop bullying and maybe use your translator to check the forum rules again ?

I just bought some wire from my mom and pop Vape shop, the proprietor who sold me my triade and has every mod known to man, and is a master coil builders answer to: "should I lock ohms on my temp sensing coils with dna".  Was:

"Of course thats how tc works by locking the cold resistance first".

Edited by Adam_Aves
Spelling
  • Haha 1

7 минут назад, Lanzarotechris сказал:

But please stop bullying and maybe use your translator to check the forum rules again ?

Well, I give up, you are a genius, vape god. Just try to manually change the room temperature on an unlocked resistance. Goodbye I'm not interested with you.

печать.PNG

there is some term confusing going on...

if you are placing a room temp rda and coil onto a dna device the mod will ask if "is it a new coil?" yes,no,recheck depending on theme. 

This is referred to others as locking or setting a base line...

Locking the ohms Function is only if the above is not working and confirmed in escribe

4 minutes ago, zark said:

Well, I give up, you are a genius, vape god. Just try to manually change the room temperature on an unlocked resistance. Goodbye I'm not interested with you.

печать.PNG

Locking function is not locking the resistance. when the device asks "is this a new coil?" that is what you do with all coils 

the locking mode is a diagnostic tool used with escribe that others use to correct issues.

Функция блокировки не блокирует сопротивление. когда устройство спрашивает "это новая катушка?" это то, что вы делаете со всеми катушками

режим блокировки - это преимущество диагностики, используемое с ecribe, которое другие используют для устранения проблем.

Funktsiya blokirovki ne blokiruyet soprotivleniye. kogda ustroystvo sprashivayet "eto novaya katushka?" eto to, chto vy delayete so vsemi katushkami

rezhim blokirovki - eto preimushchestvo diagnostiki, ispol'zuyemoye s ecribe, kotoroye drugiye ispol'zuyut dlya ustraneniya problem.

Edited by lordmage
  • Haha 1

Я не могу найти ссылку, но поймите, блокировка холодного сопротивления нужна при точной отстройке сопротивления (выравнивание отклонений в материале от табличных), людям. которые вполне довольны дефолтной прошивкой и точностью измерения сопротивления до сотых, использовать блокировку сопротивления нельзя- у них может произойти перегрузка головного мозга. Подстройка сопротивления спирали вручную это как изменение холодного сопротивления по одной десятитысячной ома. так и ручное изменение настроек комнатной температуры-вот здесь и важна блокировка сопротивления.

Такое ощущение что вопрос блокировки сопротивления стал настолько решающим, что этот пост растянулся на километр

Закрывая дискуссию мне легче сказать: "Все что я писал это неправда, я все это придумал, а вейп я вообще в руках не держал" 

печать.PNG

Ваша информация верна при использовании ecribe и если у вас есть проблемы с морозостойкостью по умолчанию.

устройство установит базовую линию, когда вы ответите «да», если вы хотите установить ручное сопротивление, тогда просто загрузите новые числа без блокировки его ... использование режима блокировки - это когда RDa или бак делают катушку нестабильной, и вы хотите переопределить его на установленное количество

your information is correct when using ecribe and if you have issues with the default cold resistance.

the device will set the baseline when you answer yes if you wish to set a manual resistance then simply upload the new numbers with out locking it in... using the locking mode is when the RDa or tank makes the coil unstable and you want to override it to your set amount

блокировка омов - это бандаид для ошибочного или не идеального соединения. Единственная причина, по которой он находится в программном обеспечении, заключается в том, что конкуренция предлагает это, и многие просили об этом, и это выполнимо, поэтому evolv сделал это, но в идеале вам никогда не придется блокировать Омы. если вы часто получаете новую катушку с такими же сообщениями катушки, то, возможно, было бы лучше просто измерить сопротивление вашего мода, а затем добавить сопротивление к смещению, как описано, если ваше сопротивление прыгает вокруг достаточно, чтобы вам пришлось использовать блокировку сопротивления, тогда Существует проблема, которая должна быть исправлена.

locking the ohms is a bandaid for an erratic or less than ideal connection. only reason it's in the software is because the competition offers this and many have requested it and it is doable, so evolv did it, but ideally you shouldn't ever have to lock the ohms. if you get frequent new coil same coil msgs then it might be a better idea to just measure the resistance of your mod then add the resistance to the offset in escribe, if your resistance is jumping around enough that you need to use the resistance lock then there is a problem that should be corrected.

Edited by lordmage
adding info
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lanzarotechris said:

@zark:

When the atomizer asks "new atomizer yes/no" and you say "yes", then the atomizer sets the new ohm value as the reference/base line for the calculation (when you set it at room temperature without heating it up before).

But this is not "locking" the ohms. Its more like a reset of the baseline so the curve the DNA chip works with (material csv) has a reference point, from which the atomizer can calculate the temperature (as certain materials have a specific curve when heating up).

@Adam_Aves:

Please do NOT lock your ohms by default when using TC mode. ONLY when the display/escribe shows that your ohm value is not stable.

Stable in this regard means it does not change the value. Of course it will change slightly when the room temperature changes (for example when you go out in winter, because then the "room temperature" is not 20°C but 5°C.

Not stable/fluctuating means when it is changing constantly without reason (for example when you screw it onto the mod and it reads 0.5 ohms, 10 minutes later it shows 0.55 ohms and another 10 minutes later it shows 4.5 ohms (without vaping between of course). The time is just an exanple, it could also be in shorter intervals of course. THEN you can lock the ohm setting so the mod has again a fixed reference point to work with.

Yes this is the comprehensive answer I've been searching for. Thank you, as wayneo mentioned to me in the first reply he gave me to not lock ohms manually, there's some feature that DNA does, "refinement". So as I now understand, once a temp sensing atty is put in at room temp no need to lock bcuz the dna chip will take care of all calcuations and use refinement, for example, to do proper Temp control.

Edit: now I dont use any cotton, this is a ti coil on a ceramic rod with oil put directly on it, just so all is clear.

Edited by Adam_Aves
An extra point.

1 час назад, Lanzarotechris сказал:

All modes that have a TC mode must have a resistance lock. But in some models, manufacturers do not ask to lock the resistanc, because this is done automatically when installing a new atomizer (did you see the question —  new atomizer? Yes / No)

Я должен объяснить, что эта фраза не относилась к ДНК модам. Я не правильно понял суть дискуссии 

печать.PNG

11 hours ago, zark said:

In order to get an answer to the question why an Ohm lock, you need to understand the difference between thermal control materials and non-thermal control materials. Thermocontrol materials significantly change the resistance when heated, so for such materials it is desirable to lock cold resistance in any mode of operation.

Печать.jpg

Not really desirable to lock ohms but whatever works for you is what you should do....  lots of posts on this subject if you want to google them here....

• Like 1

Thanks Wayneo, thats a wealth of information. And appreciated.

I have had very good TC today with a stainless steel build I made in the drop solo. Without manually locking. Im using mrbottomfeeders latest theme and I can see that the chip kind of holds the cold reading without it actually being locked. and just so everybody in here is clear this Triade is working amazingly well, best I have ever had.  this whole time while I've been bugging about locking ohms I'm still at 60% battery, first charge.

4 hours ago, Lanzarotechris said:

@zark:

@Adam_Aves:

Yes this is the comprehensive answer I've been searching for. Thank you, as wayneo mention to me in the first reply he gave me to not lock there's some feature that DNA