Replay Mode Help

AnthonyTX

My replay mode is sensing and i can select save puff and the device shows playing but when going to fire it from playing mode the device reads to check attomizer and will not fire. As soon as I cancel the replay it fires up no problem and still gives me the option to save puff. Any recommendations on how to solve this? I am running SS316L quad fused claptons 

first confirm your coils are tight...

second confirm your goon has a solid connection to the mod. 

third be sure to set a cold resistance before you start to dial in a replay 

forth are you getting a new coil message when under replay  when it will not work...

if yes it suggest your coil resistance is all over the place and may need adjusted somewhere... try above again...

if no will this work under 316L TC material vs replay....  if yes it suggest your coil should accept replay as is...  

have you tried it under TC and seeing how your temp curves look. that could tell you where the issue is. 

I don’t get the message to read ohms in replay, So I tried it under Ss316 profile and it didn’t read it  but then it would read on the titanium TC profile. I don’t know if this wire I bought is either wrongly labeled or I have something in the settings preventing me from the atomizer to be read correctly. Would it be beneficial to unscrew  my 510 pin out of my atomizer a touch maybe being the connection problem? I also went into Escribe and looked at my diagnostics in live fire mode and the resistance was showing to be correct but I don’t really know too much about the temp curve 

1 hour ago, AnthonyTX said:

I don’t get the message to read ohms in replay, So I tried it under Ss316 profile and it didn’t read it  but then it would read on the titanium TC profile.

Don't wait for the message. Read the resistance of a new cold coil in every profile you think you might use it in. So that would be Replay and the watts at a minimum (and SS316 in your case).

Would it be beneficial to unscrew  my 510 pin out of my atomizer a touch maybe being the connection problem?

I'd say no.

looked at my diagnostics in live fire mode

I think you meant Device Monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @lordmage, I'm a little confused with replay but almost there :)

I'm using a triple titanium coil with a resistance that doesn't float. Its .35

If if I use my first profile which is replay, and leave the material on Watt, adjust to a good known wattage (in this case 35 watt) get a good puff and save it. Then replay that puff, is it doing some sort of temp control (utilizing replay)? or do I NEED to change the material to TI in this replay profile for any kind of temp control?

thanks

Edited by Adam_Aves
Spelling

12 hours ago, Adam_Aves said:

Hi @lordmage, I'm a little confused with replay but almost there :)

I'm using a triple titanium coil with a resistance that doesn't float. Its .35

If if I use my first profile which is replay, and leave the material on Watt, adjust to a good known wattage (in this case 35 watt) get a good puff and save it. Then replay that puff, is it doing some sort of temp control (utilizing replay)? or do I NEED to change the material to TI in this replay profile for any kind of temp control?

thanks

in your case as i under stand replay i would setup a separate TC profile for your TI coil and have it be replay mode on set your Temp and TC as desired and when you find a vape you like save it and replay will attempt to make it happen again. Replay will work with a Temp setting  Replay is designed to give you that yummy vape again hence replay. 

To answer your question it is merely taking the data of your vape and replaying it as best as it can.  i mainly use Replay for SS coils in Watts material mode. if i use NI or TI then i setup my TC as we all know and turn replay on. find a vape i like and save it. 

15 minutes ago, Adam_Aves said:

Thanks @lordmage

That makes sense.

Why do you choose material watt for your ss coils?  Do you not like to use SS as material with TC for those?

Ive noticed even with my ti coil that using: material watt and then replay works very well.

i find some SS coils work better under watts. with Ni and Ti since they are known to be temperamental i would rather have Full TC with replay vs no Tc and Replay with watts

locking ohms is meant for unstable builds but normally i only lock ohms when i am sure it is a Certain cold ohm and the mod argues with me but in truth i have not locked an ohm in a long time.  back then it was the RDA Post that was breaking and causing the ohms to jump. once i replaced the RDA no locking since. 

• Like 1

In order to get an answer to the question why an Ohm lock, you need to understand the difference between thermal control materials and non-thermal control materials. Thermocontrol materials significantly change the resistance when heated, so for such materials it is desirable to lock cold resistance in any mode of operation.

Печать.jpg

Edited by zark
найдена ошибка
  • Haha 1

1 час назад, Lanzarotechris сказал:

So you say all TC materials (SS, TI and NI) should be locked by default because they change resistance when heated ?

Thats new to me... never heared that anywhere. Do you have a source for that ?

The change in resistance during heating is the main condition for temperature control material. The fixed cold resistance is the starting point for calculating the temperature of the coil when the mode is TC mode operating. In Watts mode, it calculates the coil power  from the cold resistance, if it is fixed or from the live resistance, so without locking the resistance (using a thermocontrol coil), the power values may differ from the given values. I apologize for breaking English, I am writing with the help of a translator

P. S.

To quote Orwell it was necessary to be born in the USSR, and before repeating Einstein, make sure that he did not speak about you.

печать.PNG

Edited by zark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buddy, that was enthusiasm. My question remains, which other mods? There are 5 mods here (volunteers), 3 main developer/owners at Evolv. If you're talking abut Zark, he's not a part of either category.

PS I think you might be the first person to ever call me out for 'bad info'. But that's OK, I'm chillin. 😎

9 minutes ago, Adam_Aves said:

you said most mods here would say not to, so that was bad info dewd

9 минут назад, Wayneo сказал:

What other mods recommend that you lock? And where? 

All modes that have a TC mode must have a resistance lock. But in some models, manufacturers do not ask to lock the resistanc, because this is done automatically when installing a new atomizer (did you see the question —  new atomizer? Yes / No). When you confirm a new atomizer, the mod remembers and locks cold resistance.

печать.PNG