DNA 250C Error Press Up message

nibo

@Wayneo @nibo i am personally curious about what in sp38 makes it more sensitive to the "battery connect" "error up message vs SP 33. you would think a poor power connection would be a universal issue regardless of the software other than possible tolerance issues in the programing .. aka test point at pass at 1v fail at .95 v just an example god i dont know the ins and out of the programming. 

Edited by lordmage

@lordmage What can I say. I am no longer curious, and have no idea. (Long cuss filled rant removed before posting) My only suggestion would be for users to open an official Help Desk trouble ticket for problems of this nature (where it's clearly more than a usability problem).

P.S Just so you know, Evolv has never asked me to temper my words in this moderator role.

Let me amend my earlier comments publicly so far on sp38 i have not had an issue after wayneo sent me some info... if you have this issue please check your theme screen settings use this thread as a suggeted fix https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/70342-dna250c-error-press-up/?tab=comments#comment-932290

so far so good no error at all for me... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, Wayneo said:

So hey @lordmage, did my help completely squash all the errors? I haven't heard from you or @nibo.

@FAQZY You might want to read the post directly above yours.

sorry its been awhile but no not completely it did slow them down for a time.  i had to revert to full default theme for a bit and they still came back unless i downgraded version so i can only assume it maybe due to the battery wiring issue i read about with another member in the UK and i dont have spares to send this one in to be checked so im sitting a version down without them,

i tried both TC and non TC coils with default and without a default theme using the menu hack if needed and it seems the only clue to the issue has been possibly that with the higher version the tolerance for input power is a bit higher and that a poorly wired board may not sustain this level and it throws the error and resets. 

Edited by lordmage

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a Paranormal 250C  around 6 months ago and liked it so much that I ordered another last month.  First one has never had a problem, but the new one  has the Error press up issue.  

I don't know what FW / SP is on the original Paranormal 250C and I guess I need a way to bring that information up.  Kinda afraid to plug it into the laptop. lol

50 minutes ago, gruntus said:

I got a Paranormal 250C  around 6 months ago and liked it so much that I ordered another last month.  First one has never had a problem, but the new one  has the Error press up issue.  

I don't know what FW / SP is on the original Paranormal 250C and I guess I need a way to bring that information up.  Kinda afraid to plug it into the laptop. lol

Firmware version is in the right lower corner of Device Monitor in EScribe

4 hours ago, saschacolussi said:

Any news on that error? I'm still getting it, and dont have any idea on how to mess with the firmware like you guys adviced

I have upgraded and downgraded and was getting the error. I think it may have to do with using higher Watts, because I lowered one of my tanks to 60watts and I have not seen the error.

in another post it looks like you can mail it in to have them do a HW patch, I may do that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I noticed it for the first time in the evening when the mod blocked itself, I didn't change anything, everything was standard, it was like that on SP35 and SP55, I didn't change anything. Now I play with the theme a bit and still the same. I turned off auto-blocking - we'll see if it helps, but it's still useful.