dead screen? gone all white

clivy

1 hour ago, gsmit1 said:

Does anybody know of a detailed tutorial on how to replace the screen on a Paranormal 250C? I have one that has gone white twice and from what I'm reading, it looks like it will get worse.

I see people saying they replaced theirs with no problem and others saying it's a bear to get into the Paranormal 250C at that level.

I'm pretty good with this kinda stuff, but a detailed tutorial sure would be helpful and likely save myself and others a bunch of time and aggravation.

I can't seem to find anything specifically for the Paranormal 250C.
Thanks.

Thank god i have found a solution to this problem, all what you have to do is to bend the ribbon cable once under the screen holder then again before placing the screen on its place, that way you will shorten the ribbon and it will not be in contact with the fire button. 😎😎 

6 hours ago, baher said:

Thank god i have found a solution to this problem, all what you have to do is to bend the ribbon cable once under the screen holder then again before placing the screen on its place, that way you will shorten the ribbon and it will not be in contact with the fire button. 😎😎 

That you sir.

How tough is it to get the disassembly process to this point?

1 hour ago, gsmit1 said:

That you sir.

How tough is it to get the disassembly process to this point?

Hmmmm 4/10 

just notice the place and how it was assembled while disassembling  every part. 

I usually put the upper part screws together and the bottom part screws together just to avoid being confused while assembling it back. 

And yes take care after placing the new screen when you are putting the parts together to cut the ribbon. 

Do not do it on rush 🤓

Wish you good luck bro. 

Edited by baher

4 hours ago, baher said:

Hmmmm 4/10 

just notice the place and how it was assembled while disassembling  every part. 

I usually put the upper part screws together and the bottom part screws together just to avoid being confused while assembling it back. 

And yes take care after placing the new screen when you are putting the parts together to cut the ribbon. 

Do not do it on rush 🤓

Wish you good luck bro. 

One last question. Did I understand you correctly that you fixed this with the existing screen? Or did you need a new one after all?

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, gsmit1 said:

One last question. Did I understand you correctly that you fixed this with the existing screen? Or did you need a new one after all?

Thanks again.

New screen of course, the old one is damaged this way so you have to buy a new one and replace it, the first bending will be just above the connection point to the chip towards the bottom part then bend it again facing up then the last one just above the screen holder. Do it with care and the results will please you. I will try to draw how it should be and post it here for you. 🤓

4 hours ago, baher said:

New screen of course, the old one is damaged this way so you have to buy a new one and replace it, the first bending will be just above the connection point to the chip towards the bottom part then bend it again facing up then the last one just above the screen holder. Do it with care and the results will please you. I will try to draw how it should be and post it here for you. 🤓

78767860-0542-42C0-9A78-C32283831696.thumb.jpeg.0de8e685939289842ab8ef064f3e3c20.jpeg

• 1 month later...
Am 25.2.2019 um 11:30 schrieb baher:

hello everyone 

i wrote before about the screen problem with my paranormal as i have lost couple of screens till now,

i bought a rebel mod dna250C 21700/20700  and i had the same problem, the screen started to shudder then it faded out and it only works while pressing the fire button (not on stealth mode) then it started to work again but as a white screen nothing appears on it, i sent rebel and esauce about my problem but the customer service their sucks they never replied and that is the usual action from them , i had another new screen so i replaced it and till now it is working fine but i hope it will continue, 

i guess evolv should try to find out what is happening with their screens

have a nice day guys 

how did you manage to get the board out of the rebel mod? i don't know what to do with these "hooks" and am afraid they will break.

mine is a rebel mod 200w with dna 250c.

white screen/pixel errors since yesterday.

photo_2019-07-30_22-00-30.jpg

Not got one, but looks like those tabs are the screen holder, try removing the 3 hex screws holding the board down I suspect it will lift easily after that and you will be able to change the screen easily.

ETA

You can see the lower screw in the bottom left of the photo, the other two are in the top corners of the board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baxter said:

how did you manage to get the board out of the rebel mod? i don't know what to do with these "hooks" and am afraid they will break.

mine is a rebel mod 200w with dna 250c.

white screen/pixel errors since yesterday.

photo_2019-07-30_22-00-30.jpg

1st you have unscrew the 3  screws then take out the battery connectors from their place and u will find the board coming out.

those hooks are the screen holder hooks to attach it to the board. 

Don't worry after taking out the battery connectors and the screws it will be so easy   . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baxter said:

Thanks for your answer and help. that sounds easy. will solve it on my own.

thank god i haven't bought the extra warranty from esucks 😎

I felt the same bro that i didn’t buy that extra warranty from them, they are the worst customer service to deal with. 

Anyway wishing you luck with that small operation 😂

Greetings from Egypt 😍

• 2 weeks later...