About Orions that stop responding

Brandon

@retird

Great help! Thank you, much appreciated.

Now i am sure and know where to look for it. Will get anyway another one next week.

And yes i will keep fingers crossed. We here in Europe say "monday mods" to them which have the issue. 
So 6 days more to go and buy :)

have a great weekend!

cheers armin

17 hours ago, Thebigjim said:

My device was made in october and has this issue. It's also not showing up in Escribe. Guess it's time to send it in. 

My Device was made late October as well. But the board was programmed earlier and this is factor which counts.  Sorry to hear that your device needs to be send it. 
Wish you good luck and that your device will soon be in your hands. Fully running of course :)

On 11/29/2018 at 2:44 PM, ArminF said:

My Device was made late October as well. But the board was programmed earlier and this is factor which counts.  Sorry to hear that your device needs to be send it. 
Wish you good luck and that your device will soon be in your hands. Fully running of course :)

Thanks, mine was made in october and programmed in november so still not quite sure. Sending it in soon. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I  bought My pod from Kuwait and it is stopped working when I leave it to charge on my desk :( by the way I don't have access to Evolv and what I expect from one of the best chip sets company in the world is to take responsibility of this problem for whole users all around the world not just US !!!!!.

at least publish a patch or correction or even let us know how to disable mentioned feature and restart the device with our own responsibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this is super annoying I've have one of the normal stainless models for about a month and a 1/2 and I haven't had a problem I got the project sub ohm version for my girlfriend for Christmas yesterday and have had two in 24 hours. Both stop within moments of first firing.  I suspect all in the batch that the store received are bad, but I do appreciate them extending the warranty and covering this for free.

And just a heads up. In the video he touches the 2 middle solder points to reset it and that did not work for me.  So I basically just touched the big solder joint all the way to the left and one of the middle solder joint and that made a very small spark and then it started working. So you may have to fiddle around a bit with the top of the board touching different parts to reset it. 

I modified a small wiha electronics screwdriver so it would fit the triple screws I had a bit for the torques on the bottom and I got it working I'm very happy now I need to go and retrieve mine from my girlfriend,  thanks for the info guys I got it working and yeah I used my tweezers to jump together the to solder tabs above the large component,  not sure what that is I didn't look close enough

I can't believe this can't be resolved with firmware. So unfortunate. I have a 2nd Orion just sitting there cause I don't wanna spend the 10$ to send it in, already sent in one lol 20$ to fix 100$ worth of a product. Almost a 1/4 of the cost shipping to get them both working.

Anyone have a link to the repair video and do we know if it's the same permanent fix evolve performs at the repair center?

On 12/24/2018 at 11:15 AM, dandiele said:

Anyone have a link to the repair video and do we know if it's the same permanent fix evolve performs at the repair center?

hum,   my opinion (and disclaimer) .....opening the device may void the warranty and anything done to the board (such as shorting the device components) may render the board useless... 

It is not an Evolv fix....  

I own two both stopped working days after getting them evolv was amazing about replacing them. Now two months later one of them stopped charging and is completely dead. Thank God I have my backup one but this shouldn't be an on going issue for those of us that use them to quit smoking it would be awful if I didn't have my backup one. The amount of money for the Orion is already at the high end for pod users so having 5 or 6 of them just in case they go bad is an awful business practice. Why keep buying them if they are just going to keep breaking? This is the last chance I'm giving this vape. If this one dies it's going to be time to replace it with a more reliable one. I'm not sinking more money into a product that just isn't performing as it should.

3 hours ago, cmcjra said:

I own two both stopped working days after getting them evolv was amazing about replacing them. Now two months later one of them stopped charging and is completely dead. Thank God I have my backup one but this shouldn't be an on going issue for those of us that use them to quit smoking it would be awful if I didn't have my backup one. The amount of money for the Orion is already at the high end for pod users so having 5 or 6 of them just in case they go bad is an awful business practice. Why keep buying them if they are just going to keep breaking? This is the last chance I'm giving this vape. If this one dies it's going to be time to replace it with a more reliable one. I'm not sinking more money into a product that just isn't performing as it should.

The failure rate for the GO board is very low.   Here is the link if you want to see the numbers in real time.    https://www.evolvapor.com/info/dna-go-stats

Currently the failure rate is less than 1% (the majority from early production issue) for the over 225,000 devices produced. Only 69 failures are for other reasons for the over 250,000 boards.

Evolv folks personally helped you out with the 2 dead units before.  A unit that does not charge can be caused by many things so why not just let them look at it.   

• Like 1

Yeah evolv messaged on my ticket to mail this one back and they would replace. I think that's a bit ridiculous after already driving there once. If you are part of the 1% that has multiple failures they should supply the shipping label in with the new one they send out. I bought them trusting they would work went way out of my way to return them the first time it's not a huge deal for them to trust their consumers and replace with shipping label. That's just good business practice for someone who has had more than 1 issue with the vape.

Good morning. I order my go about a month ago. It didnt work. Unless I hit the adjustment button it does not work. Also, since I keep using the adjustment button to vape it burned my cotton fairly quick and now it taste real bad. I sent it out for repair I got it  back 3 days ago and the fire button does not work. Can you please tell me how to fix this issue ?