Lost vape Orion suddenly stopped working

jhdelamain

To give a bit of follow up, mine worked fine for about a day. Then I plugged it in to charge and noticed the light didn’t come on. Next time I tried to use it, nothing. 

I contacted the place I bought it from and they replaced it the next day (shout out Steve at SR Vapes!). They said they had contacted the maintenance centre and were told they’d had two others in with the same problem. After running diagnostics they couldn’t figure out what was happening. No board failure, no battery issues, no contact issues. 

New one works a treat and has done for over a week. 

On 9/15/2018 at 9:19 PM, jhdelamain said:

A50CC974-FD49-49E8-8401-EC814DC5FC58.jpeg

My Orion just got here. I just looked at it through escribe, didnt change any settings except update SP. I believe mine has the international version even though I'm in the US. Off topic but I got a plain usb not a branded, fancy braided usb like the one here.

Edited by HEMI

On 10/22/2018 at 9:24 AM, Fogwartz said:

i got mine too . after few days it's working fine but .after that it's stop working . the red light blink . so  i put on chrge and its charging for 10 sec. afte that it will become green so it's means is fully chrge . but again is not woking still blink red light 

If you take a vape and plug it in to charge after, the breathing charging light will only stay on for a couple seconds before it goes solid blue. Double tapping the fire button will show you the battery's charge level. If you dont touch any button for 10min or so and then plug it in, the breathing charging light will stay on. 

hello. im dj from jawi bahrain tech support.  i have 2 orion device.. same thing happen not working . what ever iput oin charge.. the other one. when i put on chrgegreen light appear its mean its fully charge but after htat is not charging .i put on charge again same thing happen within 10s its become green.. the other one i have.. i ioopen the device i remove the contact of battery thenm put back again and now working fine. if someone have the device totally dead try to open the device . and reomve the contact of battery and put again 

try to open the device .. remove the contact of battery. be carefull. visit some shop that have tech support. or go mobile shop they can do it.. tell them to teomve the dcontact of battery and pout it back again . this waht i done for my orion and now working fine.. i notice that if you over use the device it will become like that so before its vbecome drain battery charge it.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 8:53 PM, brewbear said:

As much as I like the Orion, it saddens me to see this happening. My Orion bit the dust too! I was under the impression that only the pods were disposable.... I really hope Evolve can help us, I have two more Orions and now I'm debating whether to keep them or not.

Being one of the first 100,000 people to use this device is almost a privilege in my mind. Exceeds all other pod devices I own (Solo Flat, CFlat, Infinix & Breeze2). My two Orion's seem to be functioning decently. One pod's drip tip came lose and I fried another when I set it to 18 vs 15 manufacturer setting. I would think it can only wick so fast even though it has the capability to hit 40 watts. I lowered it to 17 and so far no problem... fyi: I'm  using current Mac version of escribe to check on things. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2018 at 7:24 AM, Fogwartz said:

i got mine too . after few days it's working fine but .after that it's stop working . the red light blink . so  i put on chrge and its charging for 10 sec. afte that it will become green so it's means is fully chrge . but again is not woking still blink red light 

Was a solution ever found for this? Mine is doing the same thing but it flashes yellow and stays on blue. Without being plugged in no lights work at all let alone the coil firing and even after being plugged in for a while the vape is still cool when it normally gets a little warm while charging.